Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
08-18-2015, 07:06 PM #209
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Ajax
Actually being the same price was my original point, the fallacies of the opening argument were weaker than wet tissue and several factors contributing places equal price points. How you've managed to skew that in your delusional fantasy is unknown.

So for the sake of being "right" you'll bring up subjective information like joy? You're desperate.

yea i will. try to play a moba or rts game or a flight simulator on a console. it garbage. you can do everything and more on a pc. and if those pc's arent cheap enough i can make them the exact same price as a console and still be faster and better suited for gaming.
08-18-2015, 07:13 PM #210
Ajax Blue
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
yea i will. try to play a moba or rts game or a flight simulator on a console. it garbage. you can do everything and more on a pc. and if those pc's arent cheap enough i can make them the exact same price as a console and still be faster and better suited for gaming.

You'll be very hard pressed to build a computer that compares with PS4 or 360 for $400 from stock.

The prices in any timespan between consoles and PCs are the same. Which is what this thread is trying to "prove." Yet it's the antithesis of truth, it's manipulative reasoning.

The selection of games is irrelevant. Quality != Quantity. Quality is not a measurable statistic. The only factor in choosing a platform are the exclusive titles. It's really that simple. This price myth is easily debunked and quantity is irrelevant. If your head is so far up your ass that you can't accept such basic reality, this conversation is over.
08-18-2015, 08:41 PM #211
Toke
PC Master Race
You'll be very hard pressed to build a computer that compares with PS4 or 360 for $400 from stock.

The prices in any timespan between consoles and PCs are the same. Which is what this thread is trying to "prove." Yet it's the antithesis of truth, it's manipulative reasoning.

The selection of games is irrelevant. Quality != Quantity. Quality is not a measurable statistic. The only factor in choosing a platform are the exclusive titles. It's really that simple. This price myth is easily debunked and quantity is irrelevant. If your head is so far up your ass that you can't accept such basic reality, this conversation is over.

You must login or register to view this content. here u go. $400.96 will play 99% games 1920x1080 at 60fps on ultra or high
08-18-2015, 09:02 PM #212
Chop
NGU'S 2nd Cutest Member
why does it have to be a pc =\ can it just be a laptop? lolol unless you guys hate laptops to? Sal
08-18-2015, 09:07 PM #213
Default Avatar
Oneup

Then by all means, please stop posting in this thread.
08-18-2015, 09:42 PM #214
Chop
NGU'S 2nd Cutest Member

it is cheaper to build a Gaming Pc then buying a console and buying the games with the console put together tbh well thats my opinon
08-19-2015, 09:40 PM #215
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
C'mon , since when a 650$ pc can handle games for next 6 years ? maybe at lowest graphic setting yes , but that sucks , not even high end computers can handle a game that comes after 6 years at good graphics . I don't want to say consoles has better graphic but at least it runs well any game for next 6 years . I had both of them , 1200$ pc (only pc parts , no peripherials and display) in 2008 and now im using only my PS3 since I don't play games too much anymore , all I can say that PC after 6 years sucks at gaming and I need eventually to invest at least 700$ to make it handle latest games at high graphic settings , so where's the good deal ?
08-20-2015, 03:19 AM #216
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
C'mon , since when a 650$ pc can handle games for next 6 years ? maybe at lowest graphic setting yes , but that sucks , not even high end computers can handle a game that comes after 6 years at good graphics . I don't want to say consoles has better graphic but at least it runs well any game for next 6 years . I had both of them , 1200$ pc (only pc parts , no peripherials and display) in 2008 and now im using only my PS3 since I don't play games too much anymore , all I can say that PC after 6 years sucks at gaming and I need eventually to invest at least 700$ to make it handle latest games at high graphic settings , so where's the good deal ?

you didn't pick your parts very well, if you bought this today it would still be relevant in 7 years You must login or register to view this content. and depending on your pc specs you might only need a graphics card to make it relevant
08-20-2015, 01:42 PM #217
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
you didn't pick your parts very well, if you bought this today it would still be relevant in 7 years You must login or register to view this content. and depending on your pc specs you might only need a graphics card to make it relevant

I picked them very well trust me (q9550 , hd4870 , 4gb ram ....) , I had more knowledge at that time (200Cool Man (aka Tustin) than now , maybe components got better performance/price ratio nowadays but I am sure you can't run lastest games at highest graphic settings at decent FPS and when I say latest games I mean those heavy weight games like GTA 5 or the incoming mafia 3 .

And I see your partlist cost 1150$ , not 650 ...
Last edited by #Dragoss ; 08-20-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo