Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
08-20-2015, 04:01 PM #218
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
I picked them very well trust me (q9550 , hd4870 , 4gb ram ....) , I had more knowledge at that time (200Cool Man (aka Tustin) than now , maybe components got better performance/price ratio nowadays but I am sure you can't run lastest games at highest graphic settings at decent FPS and when I say latest games I mean those heavy weight games like GTA 5 or the incoming mafia 3 .

And I see your partlist cost 1150$ , not 650 ...

you said you paid 1200. and i said if you spent the right way that 1200 could go a far way. also if you overclock your cpu and and more ram you could easily get a gtx 970 or a r9 390 and play many new games very well
08-20-2015, 04:33 PM #219
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
you said you paid 1200. and i said if you spent the right way that 1200 could go a far way. also if you overclock your cpu and and more ram you could easily get a gtx 970 or a r9 390 and play many new games very well

Yeah I know an upgrade would bring it back to life but right now I'm not gonna spend a cent to upgrade it because I don't use it anymore at gaming and is useless for me , maybe another time I will buy a new one . My point was you can't play latest games at nice graphics with a 650$ pc for 6 years without major upgrades . Smile

And yeah , I used to overclock it , it was my hobby , it has a massive cooler CM V8 once I've put it under air conditioner to get high 3dmark score hahahahaha Happy
08-25-2015, 12:47 PM #220
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
Yeah I know an upgrade would bring it back to life but right now I'm not gonna spend a cent to upgrade it because I don't use it anymore at gaming and is useless for me , maybe another time I will buy a new one . My point was you can't play latest games at nice graphics with a 650$ pc for 6 years without major upgrades . Smile

And yeah , I used to overclock it , it was my hobby , it has a massive cooler CM V8 once I've put it under air conditioner to get high 3dmark score hahahahaha Happy

That's not entirely true. What you can get now vs. 6 years ago are vastly different in terms of how long you would realistically get out of the hardware. If you were to spend that same amount now, you could easily still be playing the newest games 6 years from now.
09-10-2015, 06:59 PM #221
MrRa1n
League Champion
I switched Smile
09-12-2015, 11:56 PM #222
Davey
PC Master Race
Pc master race
09-13-2015, 12:14 AM #223
Consoles are going to get cheaper in few years. Choco
09-15-2015, 08:04 AM #224
FalconeX
Pokemon Trainer
i just fapped to this thread. OMG.
09-15-2015, 08:12 AM #225
FalconeX
Pokemon Trainer
this op post is alittle old, can i actually find a 500psu for 25 bucks??????????????

I have a Retail HP that has I7-4700k, and a 300psu I was going to just buy the 750ti for like 130, but if i can get a 500psu for 25 then maybe ill get a stronger graphics card, what you guys think? ready to fap to pc gaming. thx alot guys
09-15-2015, 10:57 AM #226
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Hi,

Nice statistics Smile

Didn't know this, but killing a console is like killing a human it has a life manSal

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo