Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
02-16-2016, 11:08 PM #236
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Yes very well you will need to replace the power supply with another 750w bronze uinit as it is no longer sold

Ok thanks, I'm looking to getting into pc gaming. I have been a console gamer for as long as I remember but, I'm trying to get into pc gaming. I don't have much knowledge in pc parts so I'm hoping this will help me, Thanks!
02-17-2016, 12:01 AM #237
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one which isnt as recomended feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.(Upgraded gpu and power supply and lowered price)
You must login or register to view this content.(upgraded cpu, psu and gpu)

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

Sorry to bother you again but, what about this build. Can it run Grand Theft Auto: 5 ? You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by ItsReconHD ; 02-17-2016 at 12:04 AM.
02-17-2016, 12:22 AM #238
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ItsReconHD View Post
Sorry to bother you again but, what about this build. Can it run Grand Theft Auto: 5 ? You must login or register to view this content.

that graphics card is un avalible and that case would have a semi difficult time cooling it
02-17-2016, 12:42 AM #239
that graphics card is un avalible and that case would have a semi difficult time cooling it

Dam lol, could you help me with changing the graphics card and case, and could the new graphics card be around the same price as the other one. I'm trying to keep my budget under $470
02-17-2016, 02:06 AM #240
Toke
PC Master Race
Dam lol, could you help me with changing the graphics card and case, and could the new graphics card be around the same price as the other one. I'm trying to keep my budget under $470

it will if your keeping it low get a r9 380 or a gtx 960 whichever is cheaper then u can use that case
02-17-2016, 02:19 AM #241
it will if your keeping it low get a r9 380 or a gtx 960 whichever is cheaper then u can use that case

This Graphics card will work right, its gonna put me a little bit over my budget but ill try to make it work You must login or register to view this content.
02-17-2016, 09:08 AM #242
Rick
Splicer
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one which isnt as recomended feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.(Upgraded gpu and power supply and lowered price)

Amd? Have fun with drivers. But I do agree with your post and recommend pc. Just advise nvidia over amd.

The following user thanked Rick for this useful post:

Jay NaStY
02-17-2016, 08:02 PM #243

UPDATED BUILD

This Graphics card will work right?, its gonna put me a little bit over my budget but ill try to make it work You must login or register to view this content.
02-17-2016, 08:03 PM #244
Toke
PC Master Race
This Graphics card will work right?, its gonna put me a little bit over my budget but ill try to make it work You must login or register to view this content.

Yes it will work good

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo