Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
07-10-2016, 01:25 AM #263
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by another user
this needs to be updated

did it
07-28-2016, 05:26 AM #264
rapgo
Haxor!
Thanks for thread. Smile
08-02-2016, 10:08 PM #265
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one which isnt as recomended feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

Can I point out, if it hasn't been already. The console cycle is clearly going to be short this generation, due to how behind they were in 2013. Same cycle length for the Scorpio as the original Xbox. And based off the power they are stating for the new consoles (yes, they are a new generation despite what Microsoft or Sony want to brand them as to save their asses) then you might as well add $600+ to the console price over an 8 year period.

Which, even though it did already, completely blows out the argument of "upgrading hardware" for PC, the console generation is upgrading quicker then PC needs to...
08-02-2016, 10:46 PM #266
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Geo View Post
Can I point out, if it hasn't been already. The console cycle is clearly going to be short this generation, due to how behind they were in 2013. Same cycle length for the Scorpio as the original Xbox. And based off the power they are stating for the new consoles (yes, they are a new generation despite what Microsoft or Sony want to brand them as to save their asses) then you might as well add $600+ to the console price over an 8 year period.

Which, even though it did already, completely blows out the argument of "upgrading hardware" for PC, the console generation is upgrading quicker then PC needs to...

will these finally be 1080p since we should shoot for somthing reasonable since the 4k promises wont happen
08-02-2016, 11:00 PM #267
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Toke View Post
will these finally be 1080p since we should shoot for somthing reasonable since the 4k promises wont happen

1080p scaled to 4k Kappa
08-03-2016, 03:08 AM #268
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Geo View Post
1080p scaled to 4k Kappa

24fps cutscenes cus cinematic slow motion

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Geo
08-18-2016, 05:40 PM #269
runningman420
I defeated!
Reading down this thread a lot of noobz on here think that PC gameing involves a keyboard and mouse .lol mine involves a ps4 pad .no mouse nor keyboards
08-28-2016, 05:46 PM #270
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Why can't in involve mouse and keyboard as well as a controller? I've been playing PC games since 1981, and console games since the Atari, then Nintendo the month it was released. I play PC and PS4 and am quite happy to keep both. But for some games, having a mouse and keyboard is simply much more comfortable. How am I going to comfortable play a strategy game with a controller? I have a couple of different flight sticks, a great head set, a good rig all around. Did not skimp on anything. Often a game is much more comfortable, and I feel much more immersed in it, if I'm using a controller. And so I do. But other times it's the exact opposite, and the controller gets in the way, while I feel much more immersed while using a high-grade mouse and mechanical keyboard, and feel seamlessly blended in with my gaming experience. I hardly think that qualifies me as a noob. 4152 Steam Achievements across 72 perfect games, and I'm quite a busy person, and also spend a good deal of time on my PS3/PS4, along with being a father and family man.
01-05-2017, 09:20 PM #271
I personally like both, some games you can only get on consoles or in mixed quality of ports or don't exist at all on PC. I play both consoles and PC hooked up to 4k HD TV on couch so no difference there, except some games I prefer to whip out keyboard and mouse and sit at desk nearby because of to many buttons which would cause button+button setup on controller and that gets confusing/clunky. I guess it all comes down to preferences, though I do agree PC wins in almost all scenarios especially modding but in some cases certain games were just meant to be played on console.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo