Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
01-27-2017, 04:40 PM #281
Originally posted by Toke View Post
1. well used game sales dont help developers so by that theory i can just play any cracked game for free
2. the build in this isn't a 1440p ultra build, its a 1080p build, the consoles dont play 1440p ultra so why should this pc, also a rx480 could handle 1440p high/ultra especially if its a 8gb vram version
3. if you use wifi on a gaming pc ur an idiot, if u need wifi then buy a $10 adapter, and linus is free so is steam os, etc
4. if u play bo2 on a pc ur an idiot, theirs so many better options its laughable, theirs a reason no one plays any cod newer then waw on pc

1. Used game sales do help developers. Game companies don't only get your money when you buy a game, digital or not. With piracy, it doesn't help at all. In some cases you have to use wifi, and $10 adapters won't cut it. Also, if PCs are superior to consoles, why can't I play any game I choose?
01-27-2017, 04:48 PM #282
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post
1. Used game sales do help developers. Game companies don't only get your money when you buy a game, digital or not. With piracy, it doesn't help at all. In some cases you have to use wifi, and $10 adapters won't cut it. Also, if PCs are superior to consoles, why can't I play any game I choose?

used sales don't help thats why microsoft tried to drm the xbox one so you cant play used games, and i don't know show me a ps4 that can play world of warcraft or morrowind
01-27-2017, 05:09 PM #283
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Only asking out of curiousity, not trying to be combative -- I love consoles and PC for different purposes and reasons -- In what cases do you have to use WiFi?
01-27-2017, 06:08 PM #284
ymh
Treasure hunter
used sales don't help thats why microsoft tried to drm the xbox one so you cant play used games, and i don't know show me a ps4 that can play world of warcraft or morrowind

Morrowwind with mods yeah? Did those or that guy/s ever finish the retexturing of the game? Still don't get the whole PC master race thing but then again I always used my PC more for research and learning, I'm only starting to get back into playing games on PC again but I will say for multiplayer aspect I do like the PC more but when I wanna sit don't and relax I prefer console, sure I could connect ether my Xbox one or ps4 controller up and run a cable to my TV but it's not the same. Sure you could call me simple minded but I like the trophy system and have a blust playing playstation. Though in saying that there's a lot of PC titles I really wanna play soon but I need a new computer of which you have been kind enough to give feedback Smile part compatibility is not a strong suit of mine as I don't read the connector info and dont know anything about graphics cards. As you may have noticed. I only know about 2 cards and they are no good for my current semi budget builds
01-27-2017, 06:17 PM #285
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post

Your logic is all sorts of flawed.
A $10 wifi adapter will work just fine, though using wifi for "competitive gaming" is a joke. With a console you can't play the games you want because of their bullshit walled gardens and "exclusives".
01-27-2017, 07:44 PM #286
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by JFT View Post
Morrowwind with mods yeah? Did those or that guy/s ever finish the retexturing of the game? Still don't get the whole PC master race thing but then again I always used my PC more for research and learning, I'm only starting to get back into playing games on PC again but I will say for multiplayer aspect I do like the PC more but when I wanna sit don't and relax I prefer console, sure I could connect ether my Xbox one or ps4 controller up and run a cable to my TV but it's not the same. Sure you could call me simple minded but I like the trophy system and have a blust playing playstation. Though in saying that there's a lot of PC titles I really wanna play soon but I need a new computer of which you have been kind enough to give feedback Smile part compatibility is not a strong suit of mine as I don't read the connector info and dont know anything about graphics cards. As you may have noticed. I only know about 2 cards and they are no good for my current semi budget builds

steam has trophies, and steam has big picture mode, i've ran a 40ft hdmi though the walls to play civ5 with a wireless mouse and keyboard and dirt with a controller on my tv downstairs, it was fine actually that game plays much better on large screen
01-27-2017, 08:41 PM #287
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Wasn't GOG adding a trophy system to GOG Galaxy? Did that ever happen? There's still something about the satisfying "ping" of a PSN trophy pop that makes it seem like more of a reward than a Steam achievment or, on the occasions when Origin forces me to use their horrific platform (for instance, always far preferred Mass Effect games on PC), an Origin achievment. Yes, Origin's platform has an audible sound too, but it's not quite the same, and even with a good rig it usually seems to slow FPS considerably for about 10 seconds because it syncs it with your account and their platform is a resource hungry that serves no discernible (consumer-oriented) purpose, and most importantly ... it's Origin. And yes, I'm a 36-year-old man who needs to be congratulated for randomly finding Space Ponies on a planet he colonizes, and it's not quite the same if the congratulations is muted. It's like bubble wrap but with a purpose. Would bubble wrap be as much fun if we couldn't hear it? Please judge me now. I completely deserve it.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

ymh
01-28-2017, 12:10 AM #288
ymh
Treasure hunter
steam has trophies, and steam has big picture mode, i've ran a 40ft hdmi though the walls to play civ5 with a wireless mouse and keyboard and dirt with a controller on my tv downstairs, it was fine actually that game plays much better on large screen

I love how you argue the point Smile sure, i could do that but nah. I'm happy playing with my outdated consoles.
01-28-2017, 03:22 AM #289
They do, just having the game will lead to some people paying for microtransactions and such, and I know PC doesn't have WOW or Morrowwind, but show me a PC that can play The Last of Us or God of War.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo