Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
04-18-2014, 06:23 AM #56
Originally posted by Toke View Post
I crash minepoop on ps3 daily the game don't like when I blow up whole worlds.and it lags hard as fuck and kicks me.

LOL true, MC sucks on console.
04-18-2014, 10:41 PM #57
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
PC can use a controller also just need to use an Xbox 360 or one pad (unsure on support), due to the drivers and support.
Also, you can build some pretty small PCs which can game now, or small pre built systems are around like gigabyte brix.

Also Mini ATX builds/Mini cases which can fit ATX boards around.
You must login or register to view this content. examples of case design.

My problem is lack of space for a mouse/keyboard, could build a PC would need to build a desk for it but no space for keyboard/mouse.
Could always go with wireless mouse/keyboards but no flat surfaces. So it would be likely be using a controller in the end.
Maybe I could come up with a system to make it work.

Most of the problem is building it and finding the right parts for most people, mixed with people are unsure how PC gaming works vs console gaming or the form factor it can take.

If the person actually wants to learn they can learn a lot in a single day but most just harp and beg for the info and they don't care to ever understand
04-18-2014, 11:02 PM #58
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Ok...maybe someon can explain to me the main reason I dno't do my main gaming on PC.

2 Players!!!....Come on guys I like both PC and Console. So don't think I'm a fanboy. I am a console mainly because of that reason. I can't believe taht no one has brought this up ever in any conversation about PC vs Console

yes you can play 2 play on PC on SOME games. But not all games. Meaning not all the games you can on console.

And to anyone that is confussed for some reason. I clearly mean 2 players on same console/PC.
OH also on your price. I know you said you recommend a Monitor. You need to change that. Because it isn't recommened it is REQUIRED if you want to achive the great graphics that y'all are referring to that makes PC so much better you must have a monitor. Not a TV. TV does not have the resolution to run right from a computer. As stupid as that sounds. Any real gamer knows that is the Gods honest truth.

Now to conclude. I like both. Because with right monitor PC graphics are like WOW compared to Console.
So please don't think I"m a fanboy of either wy. Just saying please put all info out there. And we know that a real montiro is going to add $200 to the price unless you want to game on a 20", lol. (Whcih is another hugh plus for console) I can get it just fine on 65" TV. but when I hook a comptuer to it...guess what...looks like shit. I know it is the TV. It's a 1080p TV but clearly the resolution isn't good enough for it.

Just saaying all the information that really matters is not in this.....

The following user thanked AlabamaHit for this useful post:

Kappa
04-18-2014, 11:24 PM #59
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Ok...maybe someon can explain to me the main reason I dno't do my main gaming on PC.

2 Players!!!....Come on guys I like both PC and Console. So don't think I'm a fanboy. I am a console mainly because of that reason. I can't believe taht no one has brought this up ever in any conversation about PC vs Console

yes you can play 2 play on PC on SOME games. But not all games. Meaning not all the games you can on console.

And to anyone that is confussed for some reason. I clearly mean 2 players on same console/PC.
OH also on your price. I know you said you recommend a Monitor. You need to change that. Because it isn't recommened it is REQUIRED if you want to achive the great graphics that y'all are referring to that makes PC so much better you must have a monitor. Not a TV. TV does not have the resolution to run right from a computer. As stupid as that sounds. Any real gamer knows that is the Gods honest truth.

Now to conclude. I like both. Because with right monitor PC graphics are like WOW compared to Console.
So please don't think I"m a fanboy of either wy. Just saying please put all info out there. And we know that a real montiro is going to add $200 to the price unless you want to game on a 20", lol. (Whcih is another hugh plus for console) I can get it just fine on 65" TV. but when I hook a comptuer to it...guess what...looks like shit. I know it is the TV. It's a 1080p TV but clearly the resolution isn't good enough for it.

Just saaying all the information that really matters is not in this.....

Two player games are kinda dead since online.because.popular unless your playing with a sibling. If.you got a 1080p TV that's 32in or smaller then it shouldnt be that bad but yes a IPS monitor which are around $150 are definately amazing. Also that is 1920x1080 stretched across 65in so its going to look bad.

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

AlabamaHit
04-19-2014, 03:35 PM #60
MrRa1n
League Champion
I've recently been thinking of switching to PC but have no idea where to start. I'll need a hand if I am to switch.

The following user thanked MrRa1n for this useful post:

04-20-2014, 09:15 AM #61
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Rain View Post
I've recently been thinking of switching to PC but have no idea where to start. I'll need a hand if I am to switch.

Budget
And res you wish to play on.
06-28-2014, 12:11 AM #62
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Still agree with this lol :p
06-28-2014, 12:17 AM #63
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Joel View Post
Still agree with this lol :p

Our Rigs just get stronger console stay the same