04-12-2016, 06:29 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi there my problem is that any secondary monitor (ive tried multiple from different brands) doesnt get detected by my pc my PC has an i5 4690k and when i plug it into that nothing shows and when i plug it into my gpu r9 380 it doesnt respond either this happened after updating my graphics but i even rolled it back and nothing works and ive tried multiple hdmi leads as well as a dvi adapter so please help !!!
04-12-2016, 07:07 AM #2
Ce4L
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by Viper
Hi there my problem is that any secondary monitor (ive tried multiple from different brands) doesnt get detected by my pc my PC has an i5 4690k and when i plug it into that nothing shows and when i plug it into my gpu r9 380 it doesnt respond either this happened after updating my graphics but i even rolled it back and nothing works and ive tried multiple hdmi leads as well as a dvi adapter so please help !!!

so all was good before gpu driver update?
then it took a shit, and even after rolling back it still wont work?

delete any driver/suites it may have installed. and uninstall the gpu in device manager then hit refresh and see if you can reinstall the current drivers
04-12-2016, 07:11 AM #3
So your primary monitor works but no secondary of any brand doesn't.

Troubleshoot from a hardware problem to software. Can you switch the HDMI ports and primary still works? Now switch cables, same thing? If all the HDMI connections on your GPU work you and cables you can rule them out. Your cpu's built in video, is it disabled or enabled in your settings? Can the primary monitor run off of your built in video?

This just happened when you updated, and then you rolled back. Did you also try a system restore? It may have changed settings and they did not go back to when you rolled back the driver.

Good luck!
04-12-2016, 07:36 AM #4
Originally posted by Kronos1 View Post

Troubleshoot from a hardware problem to software. Can you switch the HDMI ports and primary still works? Now switch cables, same thing? If all the HDMI connections on your GPU work you and cables you can rule them out. Your cpu's built in video, is it disabled or enabled in your settings? Can the primary monitor run off of your built in video?

This just happened when you updated, and then you rolled back. Did you also try a system restore? It may have changed settings and they did not go back to when you rolled back the driver.

Good luck!

Thank you ill try later but im at school at the moment ☺
04-12-2016, 02:38 PM #5
Originally posted by Kronos1 View Post

Good luck!

Yesni have tried a restore to 5 days ago when it worked
04-12-2016, 03:56 PM #6
Originally posted by Ce4L View Post
so all was good before gpu driver update?
then it took a shit, and even after rolling back it still wont work?

delete any driver/suites it may have installed. and uninstall the gpu in device manager then hit refresh and see if you can reinstall the current drivers

It was good before the update but i downgraded again and it dont work and if i use the same wire and plug it into my 1st monitor so it has two wires from the pc both work and no the 2nd monitor isnt broke because i tried another one so my problem is that windows doesnt allow secondary monitors so is there a fix ???
04-12-2016, 07:16 PM #7
Did you use Ce4L's advice to completely uninstall the driver and any software it has from add/remove programs, then uninstall from device manager, restart and reinstall?

If your computer had two monitors working then you know it can do it, there's some software conflict you're going to have to troubleshoot this.
04-13-2016, 05:59 AM #8
Originally posted by SpockRocks View Post
Did you use Ce4L's advice to completely uninstall the driver and any software it has from add/remove programs, then uninstall from device manager, restart and reinstall?

If your computer had two monitors working then you know it can do it, there's some software conflict you're going to have to troubleshoot this.

Yes ive done that twice and i tried my scondary monitor as my main one and yet it doesnt work so i think it is a driver but fi never installed a driver to begin with
04-13-2016, 06:14 AM #9
Originally posted by Viper
Yes ive done that twice and i tried my scondary monitor as my main one and yet it doesnt work so i think it is a driver but fi never installed a driver to begin with

So your secondary monitor doesn't work as your primary? Have you tested these monitors on other computers and verify everything's working? Try turning your resolution down for your secondary monitor see if that works.
04-13-2016, 07:55 AM #10
Originally posted by SpockRocks View Post
So your secondary monitor doesn't work as your primary? Have you tested these monitors on other computers and verify everything's working? Try turning your resolution down for your secondary monitor see if that works.

Yes my laptop

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo