08-11-2010, 02:42 AM #1
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); THE BASICS OF JAILBREAKING

here is my Jailbreak tutorial (no computer)
You must login or register to view this content.

WHAT IS JAILBREAKING?

Jailbreaking is a process that allows iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users to run third-party unsigned code on their devices by unlocking the operating system and allowing the user root access. Once jailbroken, iPhone users are able to download many extensions and themes previously unavailable through the App Store via unofficial installers such as Cydia. A jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is still able to use the App Store and iTunes.

Jailbreaking is different from SIM unlocking, which, once completed, means that the mobile phone will accept any SIM without restriction on, for example, the country or network operator of origin. Jailbreaking, according to Apple, can void Apple's warranty on the device, although this is quickly remedied by restoring the device in iTunes.

Cydia founder Jay Freeman estimates that over 10% of all iPhones are jailbroken.

....:::: WHY JAILBREAK? ::::....

I'll give you 5 reasons:

Reason #1 – Install 3rd pary applications via Cydia and Installer

The introduction of AppStore in iPhone 2.0 is the best feature for this firmware update, I have to admit. But even with thousands of applications available on AppStore, there are some other great applications, such as Netshare, banned by Apple to hit the Appstore for certain reasons. And this is the place where Cydia and Installer comes in and let you download all 3rd party applications. Some of the great applications you can find on Cydia are:

* Cycorder / Video Recorder – Let you capture video on iPhone
* NemusSync – Sync iPhone calendar with Google Calendar
* MxTube – Download and save YouTube video on iPhone
* iAcces – Let you use all kinds of Chinese Input Method
* iPhoneModem – Let you use iPhone as modem and give your laptop connection to Internet via iPhone
* Mame4iPhone – Play arcade game on iPhone

Reason #2 – Video Recording

Compared iPhone with any other mobile phone in the market, there is one area iPhone would definitely lose – Video Recording. With jailbreak iPhone, however, you can easily turn the iPhone camera into video camera for video recording by using Cycorder or iPhone Video Recorder.
Reason #3 – Changing iPhone Looks & Feel

Are you bored with the standard icons that come with iPhone? Ever think of changing the look of iPhone? With jailbreak iPhone, you can use Winterboard to apply theme on iPhone and make it look even cooler. Here are just a few samples to show what Winterboard can do for you:

Reason #4 – Full control of your iPhone

This may not be the reason for non-tech iPhone user. But for geeks, this may be why you need to jailbreak the iPhone. As you may know, the inner part of iPhone is a trim-down version of Mac OS X, which is actually a Unix core. So, you may wonder whether you can install some Unix applications such as Apache web server, on the iPhone. The answer is yes. With iPhone jailbreak, you can install a lightweight version of HTTP server and other similiar servers. And, one server that most Jailbreak iPhone users are using is a SSH daemon. With SSH, you can connect to iPhone remotely and transfer any file to/from it. Pretty cool, right? You can further refer to this post about how you can use SSH to transfer ringtone to the iPhone.
Reason #5 – Unlock iPhone

Lastly, the most common reason for jailbreaking iPhone is for unlock. This is one of the mandatory steps you need to through before you can unlock iPhone.

....:::: PROS AND CONS ::::....

....:::: PROS ::::....
Almost anything is possible in terms of developing an application.
You can customize the look of the phone.
If you aren't that experienced with computers, the process gives you a chance to learn some.
There are several helpful people that will help you should you come across an issue.
FREE APPS =D

....:::: CONS ::::....
Voids warrenty
possible breakage (can be fixed now)
USED to get in trouble but now it is legal.
Iphone/Ipad/Ipod CAN become unstable if you don't know what you are doing or Downloading. (thanks to T-Maxx for pointing this out!)

....::::AND THATS THE BASICS OF JAILBREAKING!:::....

REP+ If you liked other links are in Signature.
Thanks for your time =D

------Ryan
Last edited by Gay For Satan ; 08-11-2010 at 12:14 PM.

The following user thanked Gay For Satan for this useful post:

S10
08-11-2010, 02:54 AM #2
S10
TROLLN 1337
nice..but why post in cons if they arn't cons anymore?
Originally posted by another user
USED to get in trouble but now it is legal

And they arent unstable...just gotta know what your doing....and downloading..

But overall nice post!
08-11-2010, 11:28 AM #3
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Originally posted by Maxx View Post
nice..but why post in cons if they arn't cons anymore?

And they arent unstable...just gotta know what your doing....and downloading..

But overall nice post!

Well that's really what i meant. I'll edit it.
08-11-2010, 01:01 PM #4
S10
TROLLN 1337
Originally posted by YAN View Post
Well that's really what i meant. I'll edit it.

Nice!! and thanks for putting my name in it...i feel special!:mudkip:
08-12-2010, 01:03 AM #5
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Originally posted by Maxx View Post
Nice!! and thanks for putting my name in it...i feel special!:mudkip:

No problem.
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM #6
Dan962k8
Do a barrel roll!
THE BASICS OF JAILBREAKING

here is my Jailbreak tutorial (no computer)

WHAT IS JAILBREAKING?

Jailbreaking is a process that allows iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users to run third-party unsigned code on their devices by unlocking the operating system and allowing the user root access. Once jailbroken, iPhone users are able to download many extensions and themes previously unavailable through the App Store via unofficial installers such as Cydia. A jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is still able to use the App Store and iTunes.

Jailbreaking is different from SIM unlocking, which, once completed, means that the mobile phone will accept any SIM without restriction on, for example, the country or network operator of origin. Jailbreaking, according to Apple, can void Apple's warranty on the device, although this is quickly remedied by restoring the device in iTunes.

Cydia founder Jay Freeman estimates that over 10% of all iPhones are jailbroken.

....:::: WHY JAILBREAK? ::::....

I'll give you 5 reasons:

Reason #1 – Install 3rd pary applications via Cydia and Installer

The introduction of AppStore in iPhone 2.0 is the best feature for this firmware update, I have to admit. But even with thousands of applications available on AppStore, there are some other great applications, such as Netshare, banned by Apple to hit the Appstore for certain reasons. And this is the place where Cydia and Installer comes in and let you download all 3rd party applications. Some of the great applications you can find on Cydia are:

* Cycorder / Video Recorder – Let you capture video on iPhone
* NemusSync – Sync iPhone calendar with Google Calendar
* MxTube – Download and save YouTube video on iPhone
* iAcces – Let you use all kinds of Chinese Input Method
* iPhoneModem – Let you use iPhone as modem and give your laptop connection to Internet via iPhone
* Mame4iPhone – Play arcade game on iPhone

Reason #2 – Video Recording

Compared iPhone with any other mobile phone in the market, there is one area iPhone would definitely lose – Video Recording. With jailbreak iPhone, however, you can easily turn the iPhone camera into video camera for video recording by using Cycorder or iPhone Video Recorder.
Reason #3 – Changing iPhone Looks & Feel

Are you bored with the standard icons that come with iPhone? Ever think of changing the look of iPhone? With jailbreak iPhone, you can use Winterboard to apply theme on iPhone and make it look even cooler. Here are just a few samples to show what Winterboard can do for you:

Reason #4 – Full control of your iPhone

This may not be the reason for non-tech iPhone user. But for geeks, this may be why you need to jailbreak the iPhone. As you may know, the inner part of iPhone is a trim-down version of Mac OS X, which is actually a Unix core. So, you may wonder whether you can install some Unix applications such as Apache web server, on the iPhone. The answer is yes. With iPhone jailbreak, you can install a lightweight version of HTTP server and other similiar servers. And, one server that most Jailbreak iPhone users are using is a SSH daemon. With SSH, you can connect to iPhone remotely and transfer any file to/from it. Pretty cool, right? You can further refer to this post about how you can use SSH to transfer ringtone to the iPhone.
Reason #5 – Unlock iPhone

Lastly, the most common reason for jailbreaking iPhone is for unlock. This is one of the mandatory steps you need to through before you can unlock iPhone.

....:::: PROS AND CONS ::::....

....:::: PROS ::::....
Almost anything is possible in terms of developing an application.
You can customize the look of the phone.
If you aren't that experienced with computers, the process gives you a chance to learn some.
There are several helpful people that will help you should you come across an issue.
FREE APPS =D

....:::: CONS ::::....
Voids warrenty
USED to get in trouble but now it is legal.
Iphone/Ipad/Ipod CAN become unstable if you don't know what you are doing or Downloading. (thanks to T-Maxx for pointing this out!)

....::::AND THATS THE BASICS OF JAILBREAKING!:::....

REP+ If you liked other links are in Signature.
Thanks for your time =D

------Ryan

There is a system called spirit where all you do is plug in your ipod and open up spirit and there is one button which says "Get Jailbreak Now" its that easy
08-25-2010, 12:30 PM #7
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Originally posted by Dan962k8 View Post
There is a system called spirit where all you do is plug in your ipod and open up spirit and there is one button which says "Get Jailbreak Now" its that easy

No shit there's easier ways than that here:

08-25-2010, 12:33 PM #8
LeechMate
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Dan962k8 View Post

JailBreakMe - is actually the easiest method out.
08-25-2010, 08:59 PM #9
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Originally posted by LeechMate View Post
JailBreakMe - is actually the easiest method out.

That's what the link i posted was >.<
08-25-2010, 09:15 PM #10
Deadpool
Cake is a lie

You do you fix it? I got an old iPhone 3G that's completely dead and I don't want that to happen to my iPhone 4

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo