Post: [Guide] How to Use Pandora Radio in Australia (for iPhone)
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM #1
ty2050
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What is Pandora?
Unlike Last.fm, Pandora really does personalise your music. When you give the thumbs up to a track, it records that you like that style of music. When you give the thumbs down, it remembers that there is something about that song that you don't like. Over time, it will become so smart that you will have just the music you want. It uses things like the artist, genre and even beats per minute to work out what you like and what you never want to hear again.

What is Hotspot Shield?
Hotspot Shield is an application for PCs and Macs that hides your IP address and assigns a US one, for safety and security while online. While it can be used to protect yourself from scammers. Hotspot Shield has now been designed to work through VPNs on the iPhone, bringing with it the same security and hidden jems as the desktop client.

What You'll Need:
- The free Pandora Radio application (either get online or from installous)
- Computer nearby
- A Wi-Fi connection for the iPhone

On your iphone.

Make sure that Wi-Fi is marked "OFF" in
Settings -> Wi-Fi

Then find the VPN settings in
Settings -> General -> Network -> VPN -> Add VPN Configuration:

> Select the IPSec tab/pane
> Description: HotspotShield
> Server: 68.68.107.101
> Account: -yours here-
> Password: -it will the the same as account-
> Use Certificate: OFF
> Group Name: hss
> Secret: hss
- Open Settings again and turn back on WiFi. The VPN won't turn on without WiFi to begin with.
- You should now see a new setting labelled "VPN":
- Once you have re-connected to Wifi, turn this setting to "On".
- You have now connected to the VPN/Hotspot Shield. You can tell that you have as there is "VPN" written on the status bar.

Guide to Setting up Pandora:
-For this you will need the pandora app installed on your iphone.
-When you launch the app, you will notice that you will have to sign up.
-Now for people living in Australia like myself wound't know a USA postcode so i will provide you with a few. (28120,28214,2809Cool Man (aka Tustin) Any and all of them will work.
-Now pandora is a really easy and simple app to use there is nothing to it just select the type of music you like and play.

If there is anything missing from this guild please let me know and if you need any help ask me I'd be glad to.
Also note this is a older app so there will be lots of guilds but there wasn't one that worked for me so i played around and did it myself.
02-03-2011, 03:50 AM #2
Ned Flanders
Hi-dilly-ho, neighborinos!
Originally posted by ty2050 View Post
What is Pandora?
Unlike Last.fm, Pandora really does personalise your music. When you give the thumbs up to a track, it records that you like that style of music. When you give the thumbs down, it remembers that there is something about that song that you don't like. Over time, it will become so smart that you will have just the music you want. It uses things like the artist, genre and even beats per minute to work out what you like and what you never want to hear again.

What is Hotspot Shield?
Hotspot Shield is an application for PCs and Macs that hides your IP address and assigns a US one, for safety and security while online. While it can be used to protect yourself from scammers. Hotspot Shield has now been designed to work through VPNs on the iPhone, bringing with it the same security and hidden jems as the desktop client.

What You'll Need:
- The free Pandora Radio application (either get online or from installous)
- Computer nearby
- A Wi-Fi connection for the iPhone

On your iphone.

Make sure that Wi-Fi is marked "OFF" in
Settings -> Wi-Fi

Then find the VPN settings in
Settings -> General -> Network -> VPN -> Add VPN Configuration:

> Select the IPSec tab/pane
> Description: HotspotShield
> Server: 68.68.107.101
> Account: -yours here-
> Password: -it will the the same as account-
> Use Certificate: OFF
> Group Name: hss
> Secret: hss
- Open Settings again and turn back on WiFi. The VPN won't turn on without WiFi to begin with.
- You should now see a new setting labelled "VPN":
- Once you have re-connected to Wifi, turn this setting to "On".
- You have now connected to the VPN/Hotspot Shield. You can tell that you have as there is "VPN" written on the status bar.

Guide to Setting up Pandora:
-For this you will need the pandora app installed on your iphone.
-When you launch the app, you will notice that you will have to sign up.
-Now for people living in Australia like myself wound't know a USA postcode so i will provide you with a few. (28120,28214,2809Cool Man (aka Tustin) Any and all of them will work.
-Now pandora is a really easy and simple app to use there is nothing to it just select the type of music you like and play.

If there is anything missing from this guild please let me know and if you need any help ask me I'd be glad to.
Also note this is a older app so there will be lots of guilds but there wasn't one that worked for me so i played around and did it myself.

Hello,
I would like you to thank for this tutorial,

Also i have a question. I knew their were a way to get this to work in the netherlands, europe. Does it also work?

Thanks
02-03-2011, 08:32 AM #3
ty2050
I am error
Originally posted by xXFutureKillXx View Post
Hello,
I would like you to thank for this tutorial,

Also i have a question. I knew their were a way to get this to work in the netherlands, europe. Does it also work?

Thanks

I am about 99% this will work in any country that pandora does not work in, because all the VPN does is take your ip address and change it to a US ip meaning your tricking pandora into thinking you are in US.
02-03-2011, 02:11 PM #4
Ned Flanders
Hi-dilly-ho, neighborinos!
Originally posted by ty2050 View Post
I am about 99% this will work in any country that pandora does not work in, because all the VPN does is take your ip address and change it to a US ip meaning your tricking pandora into thinking you are in US.

Thank you,
Im going to take a look in this.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo