08-30-2016, 10:12 AM #1
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Apple have now sent out invites to a special event they are hosting at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco on September 7th. On this day, we can expect a few things:

• Apple will likely reveal the 2017 iPhone model, likely to be called iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus. However, there are reports of a third model, sporting the name iPhone 7 Pro. The newer iPhones will have Apple's A10 chip in them, which is speculated to be 50% faster than the current generation, which would make iPhone 7 the world's quickest smartphone (on paper). Design-wise, not much is changing, although if the rumours are to be believed, Apple will be dropping the antenna lines on the rear of the chassis, first introduced with the iPhone 6.
  • Apple are also expected to reveal the Apple Watch 2. A larger battery plus a dedicated GPS chip for improved navigation without a connected iPhone is what's on the cards. It's also speculated to be thinner and lighter.
  • There's also rumours of the 2016 MacBook Pro range being unveiled for the first time, albeit unlikely to be revealed just yet. Still, never say never?
  • iOS 10, macOS 10.12 Sierra, watchOS 3 and tvOS 10 should all get some screen time too, with the final versions almost ready for release.

The following 2 users say thank you to JB for this useful post:

SQUID-EYE, Black Panther
08-30-2016, 10:16 AM #2
Black Panther
Former Staff
I hope the rumors of the no 3.5mm aren't true
08-30-2016, 10:22 AM #3
JB
Originally posted by Borey View Post
I hope the rumors of the no 3.5mm aren't true

I'm not sure they are - I don't fully believe Apple would remove such an important piece of hardware, however it's not unlike them to shake things up and "reinvent the wheel".

Originally posted by SQUID
iWatch to make thinner? how? Think that's going to be a bit of a con tbh.

Will be interested to see the iPhone 7

It's all speculation at this point. Nobody will know for sure until the event happens. I'm intrigued to see whether the iPhone 7 Pro is real or not, the specs of that would be interesting.
08-30-2016, 03:23 PM #4
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
I specifically waited for the Apple Watch, and the iPhone 7 to be released. I've been saving a little bit of money, and am ready to buy these fuckers. The headphone jack is probably true. All of the mocks that have been made show it's not there. (Granted they're real mocks)
08-31-2016, 09:48 PM #5
JB
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
I specifically waited for the Apple Watch, and the iPhone 7 to be released. I've been saving a little bit of money, and am ready to buy these fuckers. The headphone jack is probably true. All of the mocks that have been made show it's not there. (Granted they're real mocks)

According to the report which came out today, it could very well be true. We'll know in the next few days. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo