05-12-2015, 10:13 PM #1
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Take this with a pinch of salt like any unconfirmed rumors but here is someone claiming to be an Activision intern and giving us some 'information'. I think it is reasonable but what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by another user
Hey guys,I'm one of many marketing interns at Activision. Haven't signed any NDAs, nor have I been picked up full-time, but I'd prefer to keep my identity secret as not to harm my career.
I have exclusive zombies details, uncovered directly through corporate papers. All of this info is subject to change, but we're only 6 months from release; expect (at least) 95% accuracy.
Treyarch's been heavily focusing on a brand new 'leveling system'. Ranks range from 1-40 (no prestige), with positive XP being a result of in-game actions (a combination of kills, headshots, revives, perks drunken, etc). XP is depleted through negative actions (revives missed, deaths, 'game-over's prior to round 15, quitting, and so on). Your rank CAN be lowered, and poor players - including griefers - will be made easily visible.
Treyarch have been adamant about keeping the mode accessible & balanced; level-ups do NOT crucially affect gameplay. Rather, they're used to unlock emblems (usable across zombies, multiplayer, AND campaign), as well as very slight gameplay changes: quicker revives, extra health without Juggernog, faster movement speed, and cosmetic changes (camos to specific weapons, for instance).
The disc ships with four maps (the documents describe them as 'locales'Winky Winky - each unique, with their own set of quirks, weapons, and atmospheres. I'll detail each map below.
"Zeitgeist":
Set in a 'steampunk Chicago'; is the only map to feature advanced movement capabilities (thrust jumps, slides, wallrunning). Intended to act as a gateway to Samantha's subconscious, dreamlike imagery is not uncommon and plagues most of the map (think LSD Dream Simulator -- large animals wreaking havoc through the streets, bright neon colors juxtaposing steampunk styles, etc). Probably the most unique map to date.
The characters are four nameless businessmen. Think Mad Men's characters turned up 150%, in terms of the cliche "60's manly man".
Samantha acts as a consistent narrator throughout the easter egg (described as a 'story quest'Winky Winky, culminating in an interactive cutscene in the Maxis mansion. Samantha is forcefully injected with a serum and falls unconscious.
Map 2 - Presently Untitled:
Set in the Maxis mansion. Very tight map, reminiscent of Verruckt/Shangri-La. Smallest map on disc, only reaching near-Kino Der Toten in size. This map was previewed in the Black Ops III reveal trailer.
Playable characters are Dr. Maxis & three (currently unnamed) German scientists. The entire basement of the mansion acts as a gritty, electrically fused pseudo-lab. Samantha is used as a source of intellectual power; through one of Maxis's "technological wonders", her imagination is allowed to run wild and give birth to her and Eddy's "zombie playtime" -- in the real world.
She places perks, wall weapons, mystery boxes, etc. throughout the map, giving the scientists the necessary tools to eradicate the already present zombies. The old story has been retooled entirely; old gameplay mechanics remain, but the initial cause of the undead seems to be headed in the direction of voodoo, spirituality, and Egyptian curses. Hell (fire, demons, satan) is the new 'mystical' realm. Agartha is - apparently - irrelevant. Dropped from the story entirely.
The map's easter egg largely revolves around the construction of a motor vehicle.
Map 3 - Presently Untitled:
Set in a German village; largest map on disc. Follows the path of the four German scientists, after having constructed their vehicle and driven uptown. Is said to have inspiration from the Silent Hill franchise; lots of creative monsters, eerie music, sirens, etc.
The map is seemingly the most detailed to date; every village building is explorable. New procedural generation techniques assisted heavily in the map's development process.
The map's easter egg centers around the long journey to a generator mid-town. Maxis has requested Samantha to overcharge the generator, creating a rift in space and sending them to a location of his choosing -- Giza. His goal is to put a stop to the "worldwide curse" (not my wording).
Upon arrival at the generator, Samantha refuses to overcharge without being given knowledge of Eddy's location. Maxis reveals the truth: Edward was killed in an accidental experiment, later performed successfully on Samantha.
Samantha outbursts, striking down upon the generator and electrocuting the four scientists.
Map 4: "Nile"
Set in and around the pyramids of Giza. Featuring the return of the original heroes (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen), 'Nile' is likely a return to Black Ops 1 form.
While 'Nile' is currently the least polished/designed of the Black Ops III maps, the easter egg is reportedly very Shangri-La esque; lots of esoteric, ancient puzzles. Mystical references to ancient civilizations.
A classical representation of Medusa was initially intended as an everlasting Romero-esque boss; this idea appears to be scrapped. Boss zombies generally seem to be missing from Black Ops III zombies. Wonder weapons haven't been detailed, either.
The map's storyline intertwines with ideas of travel to Alpha Centauri (vaguely planned as future DLC).
That's all I have; more information exists, but it's not in my hands. I've heard murmurs of a revamped grief mode.
Believe me or not, you'll discover the truth at Gamescom 2015 (gigantic multiplayer + zombies reveal planned). Thanks.

The following user thanked Geo for this useful post:

Reyz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo