06-01-2010, 02:55 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Many people will be wondering about betas and many other things. This thread is to clear up any questions you have on the beta. If this post does not answer any questions you have, feel free to ask.

Q. Does Black Ops have a beta?
A. As of the moment, no.

Q. Will there be a beta?
A. It is very unclear at the moment, but is being strongly considered by Treyarch. Josh Olin and others say that they do realize the helpfulness of a beta. They have also seen what happens when you don't have a beta.(MW2) Update Thanks to Caspa.

Q. If there is a beta, will it be announced?
A. Yes, it will be most likely announced on callofduty.com.

Q. What system(s) will the beta be for?
A. Betas are usually opened on the main consoles: Xbox360, PS3, and PC.

Q. How long will the beta last?
A. It is unknown. Most betas usually last a few weeks, right before the game is released.

Q. How do I recieve a beta code?
A. It matters whether the beta is public or private. A private is usually open to people that pre-order the game or sign up in the earlier days. A public beta will be passed to anyone signed up on the Call of Duty website. These are usually sent through email.

Q. How can I get into a beta?
A. It again matters if it is public or private. Private is only open to a selected few. A public is open to a large community.

Q. When will there be a beta?
A. The beta usually takes place 2-3 months before the game is released. Details are unknown.

Q. If someone contacted me and said they will give me a beta code for my account details, Is this legit?
A. No. This is most likely a scam due to no beta being released yet. Never trust someone you do not know with any account details.

Q. Is a beta the same as a demo?
A. No. A beta is for players to test the game and find glitches and bugs. If they find these things, they tell the devoloper, who fixes them. Ademo is for players to play a game before it comes out.

This thread will be updated with new questions and change depending on whether a beta is released.
Last edited by Baron Praxiz ; 06-03-2010 at 05:16 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Baron Praxiz for this useful post:

rjive, Sweets
06-01-2010, 06:12 AM #2
ez2animate
Space Ninja
I have heard that it will for sure have a beta. Hope it's also on ps3 this time instead of Xbox like W@W
Last edited by ez2animate ; 06-01-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Darn typoes
06-01-2010, 07:16 AM #3
I hope it's for ps3 as xbox always gets there exulsives. (typo)

~Cyberzoom
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM #4
Sweets
Wololo
I'm going to sign up on the CoD website now, just incase.
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM #5
Originally posted by Roloing View Post
I'm going to sign up on the CoD website now, just incase.

Ya I've been over there since W@W came out. I only use it for official news.
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM #6
CBFD-WiZZard
Do a barrel roll!
Probably will just see the Beta got 360 again. Trailer has me hooked, trust Treyarch to make a good game.
06-01-2010, 11:01 PM #7
ez2animate
Space Ninja
Originally posted by WiZZard View Post
trust Treyarch to make a good game.

I'm watching this game close. I'm totally hyped up about this game. I was bored so I went back to W@W and I realize how great of a game it is. I guess it got drowned in the hype of CoD4. It's a shame because theres like 20,000 people on at anytime because I would like to play it more often.
06-01-2010, 11:34 PM #8
It's more or less certain that Treyarch will release a beta. All other CoDs have had betas, exept MW2, which was a flawed by glitches, hacks, and imbalances in weapons and perks.

The following user thanked Dreamy for this useful post:

Baron Praxiz
06-02-2010, 06:48 AM #9
iYoddle
Save Point
A demo is to advertise a game:p
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM #10
FireWire
I'm done here.
well a hacking team found beta codes for the game in microsofts beta database

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.