07-11-2013, 09:19 AM #1
Soldier.
The Legend
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.
This was posted on June 20th, on You must login or register to view this content.

According to Infinity Ward, there are some delays with development.

Originally posted by another user
The developer says it is yet to receive any final hardware samples from Sony or Microsoft, which is stopping it finishing work on aspects of the next Call of Duty title, especially the AI system.

Infinity Ward is developing what they call situational UI, meaning team members and opponents will react to what is going on around them.

“Obviously we are in crazy early development and we will have to see how the consoles play out,” said Executive Producer Mark Rubin. “We have made some cool improvements on AI. Most of it has to do with some of the cinematic values.”

These environmental changes could include player driven events as well as to the team’s newest member, Riley the dog.

“They might behave differently to the dog. Or behave a little differently compared to the events that are happening in the level. They take some of the environment cues and pay attention to them. A lot of times they just kind of ignore the environment.”

Rubin admits that when it comes to gameplay the changes in AI will actually be fairly understated, but enhance the overall reality of Call of Duty: Ghosts.

“It is subtle, really subtle. AI in general is one of those things [where] the subtle things are often easy to notice when it is bad.”

However, he is clearly confident that the AI improvements will be successful for Call of Duty: Ghosts, but in order to progress Infinity Ward is crying out for the finished hardware from Microsoft and Sony.

“We are making big strides [but] we need some hardware, some finished hardware, before we can really expand.”

Now, as you can see, this was originally posted 3 weeks ago so they could have received the hardware by now. I am really hoping that this delay doesn't hinder the actual development of the AI, and not end up making it into the game..... because, if anything, Call of Duty needs to up it's game. I'm a fan just like millions of others, some like it how it is, but some of us want something to improve, something to spark some life into this ageing old donkey of a series.

I've played CoD since Modern Warfare, and frankly, it's got boring. I know a lot of people are feeling this way too.

With a strong contender on the horizon, Battlefield 4, in my opinion Infinity Ward need to go all out on this game and give everything they have... no matter how big or small the improvements are.

It also states,
Originally posted by another user
Call of Duty: Ghosts will be released on November 5 and will ship for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3.

So is that an indication that the next-gen consoles will be out for November 5th? Or is it just worded to make you think that? stare

The following user thanked Soldier. for this useful post:

OtagoFlames
07-11-2013, 01:09 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Delay in PS4/Xbox one release older consoles same as normal release date.
07-12-2013, 11:25 AM #3
NJN
I sat on your nachos
Activision needs their $ so dont be surprised if the game comes out rushed. If IW worked on this project one more year to touch up the game and perfect it, it could be great but all call of duty titles need to be rushed to make a yearly profit.

The following 3 users say thank you to NJN for this useful post:

badiban, Soldier., Wretch 32
07-12-2013, 11:52 AM #4
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by NJN View Post
Activision needs their $ so dont be surprised if the game comes out rushed. If IW worked on this project one more year to touch up the game and perfect it, it could be great but all call of duty titles need to be rushed to make a yearly profit.

Yeah, I'm feeling to move away from CoD if I don't see some decent changes.

Wretch 32
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM #5
Wretch 32
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Soldier. View Post
Yeah, I'm feeling to move away from CoD if I don't see some decent changes.

Think they should do more then a year to make a game aswell, Because rushed, The matter off bugs they will miss out and everything like that, But with BF They take there time, And its still a decent game, But CoD they should have more time into there games, Because i think they will get plenty more gamers onto them if they did that. Don't you think?

The following user thanked Wretch 32 for this useful post:

Soldier.
07-12-2013, 10:08 PM #6
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by Wretch
Think they should do more then a year to make a game aswell, Because rushed, The matter off bugs they will miss out and everything like that, But with BF They take there time, And its still a decent game, But CoD they should have more time into there games, Because i think they will get plenty more gamers onto them if they did that. Don't you think?

For sure, it's like playing the same game each time... especially when they "redesign" dlc maps. BF4 looks amazing, I can't really say that about ghost at the moment.

Wretch 32
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM #7
Sick_aSS_FoO
Dirty Mexican
Originally posted by NJN View Post

Well technacly they have two years to work on the game since every other year Activision and Treyarch release a game ..?
07-16-2013, 01:56 PM #8
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by FoO View Post
Well technacly they have two years to work on the game since every other year Activision and Treyarch release a game ..?

Yeah, but he's talking about Infinity ward.
07-16-2013, 03:01 PM #9
NJN
I sat on your nachos
I know that but it will still be rushed

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo