Post: Carrot Colors, Custom Carrot Colors, & RGB/RGBA Info! [GSC/CFG]
11-11-2012, 02:44 AM #1
UnboundUser
[move]:rainbowcry: {UU}'s v5 :rainbowcry:[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Carrot Colors, Custom Carrot Colors, & RGB/RGBA Info!

If you read the whole thread you might learn a thing or two. Winky Winky

Hey guys, so I decided to release these carrot colors and custom carrot colors because today I gave out a sneak peek of my v5 and the colors of it was cyan and gray.
You must login or register to view this content.

So since it was gray people wanted to know what was the carrot color for gray. People were figuring out that it was either carrot eight [^8] or nine [^9]. If they had that on and they pressed that "Blah vs Blah" mod on it could possible active something that I found out with no help. I saw that this method was used in one of Cmd-X creations recently with like the kill feed but it was never use has a menu like I did a while ago before Cmd-X released anything like that. I believe I was the first person to use it as a menu because everyone that I showed my menu said that they never even anything like that or never thought of that, including ITheFallenI and T_m_b07. ^_^ So yea, I'm releasing this because I don't want someone to find this by mistake and think that they figured out something so crazy and released it. But yes it is used with carrot eight [^8] and/or carrot nine [^9].

So lets get started! Smile

Almost EVERYONE thinks that ^8 and ^9 is the color of the default map but that's wrong. It's actually base on the default color of the teams. So ^8 is for the team allies and ^9 is for the team axis. And the dvar to change that default color is g_teamcolor_Allies or g_teamcolor_Axis. By using this method you can use regular colors and use custom colors! Happy So here are some colors/shades that I have to get you guys started.

Colors:
Red: g_teamcolor_[Team] 1 0 0 1 = carrot color red [^1]
Orange: g_teamcolor_[Team] 1 0.498 0 1
Yellow: g_teamcolor_[Team] 1 1 0 1 = carrot color yellow [^3]
Lime Green: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.60 1 0 1
Green: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0 1 0 1 = carrot color green [^2]
Cyan: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0 1 1 1 = carrot color cyan [^5]
Blue: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0 0 1 1 = carrot color blue [^4]
Purple: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.33333 0.1019 0.54509 1
Pink: g_teamcolor_[Team] 1 0.411 0.705 1

Shade:
Black: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0 0 0 1 = carrot color black [^0]
Dark Gray: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.25 0.25 0.25 1
Light Gray: g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.4 0.4 0.4 1
White: g_teamcolor_[Team] 1 1 1 1 = carrot color white [^7]

RGB/RGBA Information:
If you don't know anything about the RGB/RGBA I'll explain it to you. RGBA stands for Red, Green, Blue, Alpha [transparency], you now can probably guess what RBG stand for now and if you don't get some help lol. Sometimes there's RGB and sometimes there's RGBA. But anyways all those colors/shades above have 4 different numbers that are split up by a space. The first number is for Red, the second number is for Green, the third number is for Blue, and the last number is for Alpha. You always want Alpha on the highest number for the color to really stick out. For this RGBA the highest number you can have is 1 and the lowest is 0. So for example lets take the color red [1 0 0 1], the Red section is 1, the Green section is 0, the Blue section is 0, and the Alpha section is 1. So that color is red with no transparency. Now lets try the color cyan [0 1 1 0.5], the Red section is 0, the Green section is 1, the Blue section is 1, and the Alpha section is 0.5. So because Green and Blue are both 1, green and blue make cyan and because Alpha is 0.5 it has half transparency. Hope this helps you guys and now you have some knowledge about RGB/RGBA. Smile

Here are some pictures of what some of the custom colors look like:

Orange & Purple

Dark Gray & White

Purple & Pink

Lime Green & Green

How do I make another RGB custom color?

If you want another custom color that I didn't have posted then I'll show you how to get it and its really easy. Open up your Paint on your windows computer and go to edit colors. Next pick the color you want and look at the RGB. For this picture I used the gray that you saw in the first picture of my v5.

Incorrect Information!
[S]After you see your RGB numbers put them into the 4 section RGBA for the dvar. If one of your numbers isn't 255 then its not 1 for the dvar RGB. If one of your numbers is 255 then it is 1 for the dvar RGB. 255 is the highest RGB number for Paint. So since my number is Red-40, Green-40, Blue-40, in the dvar RGB I put g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.4 0.4 0.4 1. We can't put 40 as one of those number because remember the highest number for this dvar RGB is 1, so we turn the number from Paint into a decimal and that will be 0.40, but mathematically you don't need the 0 at the end of 0.40 so that's why I put 0.4. And that's it, your done with your new RGB custom color! Happy[/S]

Correct Information Provided By sk8erlewisss!
After you see your RGB numbers put them into the 4 section RGBA for the dvar. If one of your numbers isn't 255 then its not 1 for the dvar RGB. If one of your numbers is 255 then it is 1 for the dvar RGB. 255 is the highest RGB number for Paint. So since my number is Red-40, Green-40, Blue-40, in the dvar RGB I put g_teamcolor_[Team] 0.16 0.16 0.16 1. We can't put 40 as one of those number because remember the highest number for this dvar RGB is 1, so we turn the number from Paint into a decimal by dividing 40 into 255 and we get 0.1568627450980392. So once you get your decimal, round it off to the hundredths place and that's how I got 0.16. And that's it, your done with your new RGB custom color! Happy

Sk8erlewisss' Quote:
Originally posted by another user
To get the exact colour you want to show in call of duty you divide all the numbers you get in paint by 255
so if i picked a colour in paint and it was this:
Red: 230, Green: 140, blue: 10...
then you would divide all them numbers by 255 and round them off to two decimal places so...
Red 230 = 0.90, Green 140 = 0.55, Blue 10 = 0.04
so to get that colour into cod you would put:
"set g_TeamColor_Allies 0.90 0.55 0.04 1"
Also to get the Exact colour you Must put the Saturation in paint to 240 and the Lum to 120

For all the RGB/RGBA masters, if you see that I did something wrong or if some information is incorrect please let me know like sk8erlewisss did. Thank you.

How do I get this to work in my patch?

Since people are having trouble on how this works which I really don't understand, but I guess sometimes I forget what it's like to be a noob [no offence] so here I am lol. I will be using my v5 menu base to show you how to get this to work. First thing you want to do is put the team color dvar [g_teamcolor_[Team] [Color]] in your buttons_default.cfg/buttons_tactical.cfg or anywhere you think it is best but for the noobs [no offence] I advise you to put it in the buttons_default.cfg/buttons_tactical.cfg like the picture. This patch had both buttons_default.cfg & buttons_tactical.cfg so I put the dvar in both raw files. If you only have one just put it in that one, you dont need both buttons_default.cfg/buttons_tactical.cfg. This picture only shows it in the buttons_default.cfg but I put it in the buttons_tactical.cfg too. And for the team allies I put it as the color pink [g_teamcolor_Allies 1 0.411 0.705 1] and the team axis I put it as the color white [g_teamcolor_Axis 1 1 1 1]. You can have both team dvars set and use both ^8 and ^9 or just have one team dvar set and use only one, ^8 or ^9, but that's up to you and I use both in this tutorial.

You can pick whatever colors you want from above where I had Colors: and Shades: or you can make your own custom color from right above with "How do I make another RGB custom color?". Then after you have your team dvar(s) set, you start to change the carrot colors you have originally set and change them into ^8 and/or ^9.

Before:

After:

If your menu has multiple colors meaning more then two colors you don't have to change every color you have set only the ones you want But since I only had two colors I wanted to change them all. After that save your work then test it out and your done! Happy This is what mine looks like. Check out what yours looks like! Smile

NOTE: This only works on gamemodes with teams. So for Free-For-All it won't work because it doesn't have any teams. And it is also normal that the colors switch when you change teams. I know why it does this but if I explain it to you, it will just confuse you guys even more so I'll pass. There's nothing you can do about it trust me. I think only gsc patches can fix this but you will have to know how to code it to get it to work properly. In cfg patches you can't fix this.[/B]

Hopefully this thread was noob friendly and if you learned something new it wouldn't hurt to thank the thread. ^_^

P.S. - That should be most of you guys. lol xD[/B]
Last edited by UnboundUser ; 11-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.

The following 46 users say thank you to UnboundUser for this useful post:

^TPP^, -JM-, -Xperia-, Day, .NINK., *xActionMods*, Eddie Mac, Annihilated, Blackstorm, bluer105, BrinkerzHD, BuFu_EVO, YouAppreciateMe, Choco, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, EternalHabit, eXpo1s0nHD, Fittro, FuntCase, Hacks 'n' Mods, iTrexk, IVisionsI, Jensen-2010mj, JonoEfthy, jtdude, User23434, MrBrett_, oC_zUnKnOwNx, ohhImpreza, OmGRhys-x, oyay, Rustled Jimmies, Script Kiddie, tguns31, TheFallen, TheUnexpected, ThreeSixtyyy, xCyMods, xePixTvx, xFaziikModz, xGLoTTeRCriimEx, xToysBoy_, Zack., Zuraa
11-11-2012, 02:46 AM #2
OmGRhys-x
Are you high?
Nice Bro Smile
11-11-2012, 02:48 AM #3
Day
Brute
Thanks for this bro :y:
Last edited by Day ; 11-11-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: I didn't get first once again :( :lol:
11-11-2012, 02:52 AM #4
J
Who’s Jim Erased?
Nicely done tutorial bro!
11-11-2012, 03:02 AM #5
good stuff unbound i see that some one finally figure this out. I kinda knew that ^8 or ^9 wasn't from the default map color because i would be on the same map and the color would be different i just never figure out what was making the color change thanks 4 release ima use this. but still need a bit help using ima pm you on skype
Last edited by EaTthEC00kie ; 11-11-2012 at 03:07 AM.
11-11-2012, 03:03 AM #6
bluer105
I defeated!
This should be a sticky!^_^

The following user thanked bluer105 for this useful post:

UnboundUser
11-11-2012, 03:08 AM #7
John Leepe
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by xFLAMeHD
UU it's good to see that mw2 still getting new hacks, if we look at the beginning and then to now.

BIG CHANGE!

Not a big change, A major change.

The following user thanked John Leepe for this useful post:

blindcutie
11-11-2012, 03:10 AM #8
Nice Work Man!, Helped Alot with Shaders Happy

this should be a Sticky for sure (fingersCrossed)
Last edited by -Xperia- ; 11-11-2012 at 04:04 AM.

The following user thanked -Xperia- for this useful post:

UnboundUser
11-11-2012, 03:42 AM #9
UnboundUser
[move]:rainbowcry: {UU}'s v5 :rainbowcry:[/move]
Originally posted by x View Post
Nice Bro Smile

Lol thanks. Winky Winky

Originally posted by iDVxHD View Post
Thanks for this bro :y:

Welcome. Smile

Originally posted by pip1580 View Post
Nicely done tutorial bro!

Thanks man, I try. lol

Originally posted by EaTthEC00kie View Post
good stuff unbound i see that some one finally figure this out. I kinda knew that ^8 or ^9 wasn't from the default map color because i would be on the same map and the color would be different i just never figure out what was making the color change thanks 4 release ima use this. but still need a bit help using ima pm you on skype

You learn something new everyday. Happy

Originally posted by bluer105 View Post
This should be a sticky!^_^

Lol really, its that good? I never had a thread of mine stickyed! ^_^

Originally posted by xFLAMeHD
UU it's good to see that mw2 still getting new hacks, if we look at the beginning and then to now.

BIG CHANGE!

Thanks man I try to keep the cfg community fresh. Smile We should chat sometime... Winky Winky

Originally posted by Nas View Post
Not a big change, A major change.

I'll say! xD

Originally posted by TheSoLoMoDDerz View Post
Nice Work Man!, Helped Alot with Shaders Happy

Thanks. Smile It helped you with the shaders because you now know about RGB/RGBA?
Last edited by UnboundUser ; 11-11-2012 at 03:44 AM.
11-11-2012, 03:46 AM #10
Dizzehfied
Do a barrel roll!
Lol you did end up telling me how Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo