06-01-2011, 09:45 AM #1
Drake
<3 SGC
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is sure to be big like always. The 8th game in the popular Call of Duty platform Modern Warfare 3 looks to be revealed in E3 this year. In 2009, Infinity Ward’s record breaking Modern Warfare 2 innovated the first person genre and changed it forever. It set a new standard for multiplayer online gaming.

This past week, a lot of MW3 has been leaked including the weapons, storyline and much of the multiplayer features. Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward’s creative strategist, formerly community manager) has stated on Twitter that a lot of the leaked material is true and a lot of it is fake. ‘…To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal’ – Robert Bowlings twitter (fourzerotwo)

Modern Warfare 3 looks to lift that bar higher with various trailers coming out in the past week. It seems once again they decided to bring the war onto our doorstep with trailers revealing the player will play as various soldiers in India, New York, London, Somalia, Germany, Paris, Czech Republic, Berlin, The Kremlin, Dubai and Washington. A huge part of MW2 was set in a war torn America with the Russians invading. The Russians are at it again, invading major cities across the globe.

Infinity Ward is ditching the IW 4.0 engine used in Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. “We haven’t gone into detail on the engine yet but we’ve moved beyond the [Modern Warfare 2] engine and added a lot of cool stuff for [Modern Warfare 3],” writes Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling on Twitter. It has been rumoured that Infinity Ward will take a page out of DICE’s book and add destructibility to the environment.

E3 looks promising as always. Game side MW3 and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception looks to be revealed. On the tech side, the Wii HD (?) and the NGP look to be revealed as well.
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM #2
Wondoh
Former Staff
No wonder you didnt get on the news team :carling:

Good effort on the article, I wanna see the ones that got the promos articles

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo