Post: Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A) question.
04-02-2014, 05:47 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I plan on getting the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A) and plan on using a wired connection to hook up my PS4. Right now I have the Apple Airport Express MB321LL/A and it is only wireless. I have fast internet but the wifi in my PS4 can't keep up with online games like Killzone: Shadow Fall. I have pre-ordered The Elder Scrolls Online so now I want to get my PS4 squared away before the game releases. All of my computers and electronics are all Apple so it's best that I have an Apple router. PC routers don't play nice with Apple products. What's the best way/ correct way to wire my PS4 to this router? Also, what wire do I need to get? Is there a wire that is better and works better with a PS4? What setup is required to switch my PS4 over to a wired only connection?
04-03-2014, 05:52 AM #2
Hello?
04-04-2014, 03:12 PM #3
I have my PS4 connected to my Time Capsule with a CAT6 ethernet cable.
It doenst really matter on internal networks so you can easily use a CAT5e.
Just make sure your router is configured properly and you won't have troubles.
Not like you can make a lot of errors configuring an Airport in your case though!

Goodluck!

The following user thanked Phantoome for this useful post:

Monkeydad1977
04-05-2014, 05:55 AM #4
It just came in the mail before I went to work last night. I will hook it up today when I wake up. Should be nice to have my PS4 hooked up by wire. I have a fast internet but I have always got lag online with both my PS3 and my PS4. Hopefully this does the trick.

I did a ping test using my iMac and my old old wireless router and this is what I got.
You must login or register to view this content.
Once I get my new router installed tomorrow I will ping test my PS4 as well as my iMac (which will still be wireless) and see what I get.
Last edited by Monkeydad1977 ; 04-05-2014 at 06:05 AM.
04-05-2014, 12:51 PM #5
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
You might have to login into your apple router and setup port forwarding with DMZ enabled to be playing online. You should of got like a DLink, Netgear or Cisco router since they all don't have problems when gaming and such

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

Monkeydad1977
04-05-2014, 09:59 PM #6
I got my PS4 wired up to the router using a 5e cable. My PS4 says:
Connection Method LAN Cable
NAT Type Type 2
Download Speed 48.8 Mbps
Upload Speed 3.6 Mbps
MTU Automatic
Proxy Server Do Not Use

Is there anything else that I need to do to make for perfect online gaming or am I squared away?
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM #7
Seems very good, as you might've experienced to date.
I have nearly the same as you, and only have LAG on BF4. As everybody has.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo