07-13-2014, 06:23 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My ps4 starts to overheat or get hot as soon as I turn it on, and it gets warmer very rapidly. It's also in an open area, nothing blocking the sides or back. Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by iTzBored ; 07-13-2014 at 06:26 AM.
07-13-2014, 11:55 AM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by iTzBored View Post
My ps4 starts to overheat or get hot as soon as I turn it on, and it gets warmer very rapidly. It's also in an open area, nothing blocking the sides or back. Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure its horizontal and away from anything that could block the vents or airflow out of the PS4.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

iTzBored, Deleted-User0000000012210
07-13-2014, 12:09 PM #3
I'm starting to think that it's just a problem with the first gen PS4. Three people I know have sent their's back and mine is starting to overheat a little also. I'd consider cleaning the fans and making sure nothing is blocking airflow Smile
07-13-2014, 10:29 PM #4
AFG
The One and Only
My ps4 starts to overheat or get hot as soon as I turn it on, and it gets warmer very rapidly. It's also in an open area, nothing blocking the sides or back. Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!

What I do is place 4 water bottle caps under each corners of my PS4, that way the PS4 isn't touching the floor which is good because the PS4 is kind of floating and it's a lot more cooler.

The following user thanked AFG for this useful post:

Alt
07-14-2014, 12:50 AM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Pure View Post
What I do is place 4 water bottle caps under each corners of my PS4, that way the PS4 isn't touching the floor which is good because the PS4 is kind of floating and it's a lot more cooler.

I've been doing that kind of thing for years!

I made this little O type things, that are 10mm high and 20mm around.

I'll get some images up tomorrow.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

AFG
07-14-2014, 01:10 AM #6

Thanks in advance!

do you have pets, maybe fur is getting in...
07-14-2014, 02:52 AM #7
AFG
The One and Only
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Yeah it's pretty effective then just letting your console absorb heat from wherever it's sitting on. I have been doing this since 2012 lol.
07-14-2014, 09:26 AM #8
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Pure View Post
Yeah it's pretty effective then just letting your console absorb heat from wherever it's sitting on. I have been doing this since 2012 lol.

I ever build my own little media shelfs at my old work.

It has groves cut out of all the shelfs/sides :p
07-14-2014, 04:57 PM #9
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Here's an idea! Exchange it for a brand new spanking PS4. It's still under your 1 year manufacturers warranty. Call Sony, get it replaced. Simple solution.
07-14-2014, 04:59 PM #10
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Upon first release, I bought that vertical stand. I have noticed, being it's been months now, that once you remove it from the stand, there's an ungodly amount of dust. Everyone should take heed and clean your device regularly.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo