10-14-2015, 08:53 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a PS4 & so does my big brother. I have my account set on his PS4 as primary & his account is set as primary on my account. He can play any digital game I buy on his console, earning trophies, play online etc & vice versa.

He's going to buy a PS4 for my nephew for his Christmas. Is there any way that my nephew can play the games we buy on his PS4?

I was thinking that my brother & I can log in online & deactivate our primary consoles and then set our accounts on my nephew's PS4 as primary. If I never sign in to my brother's primary account on my PS4 & he never signs into my primary account on his PS4, will those primary accounts still be primary on those consoles or will they lock automatically? I was hoping that they would still be active as they're not signing in online ever again
10-14-2015, 09:00 AM #2
Default Avatar
Remy
Originally posted by sinbadthesailor View Post
I have a PS4 & so does my big brother. I have my account set on his PS4 as primary & his account is set as primary on my account. He can play any digital game I buy on his console, earning trophies, play online etc & vice versa.

He's going to buy a PS4 for my nephew for his Christmas. Is there any way that my nephew can play the games we buy on his PS4?

I was thinking that my brother & I can log in online & deactivate our primary consoles and then set our accounts on my nephew's PS4 as primary. If I never sign in to my brother's primary account on my PS4 & he never signs into my primary account on his PS4, will those primary accounts still be primary on those consoles or will they lock automatically? I was hoping that they would still be active as they're not signing in online ever again

I believe they will lock automatically but I could be wrong.
10-14-2015, 09:25 AM #3
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by sinbadthesailor View Post
I have a PS4 & so does my big brother. I have my account set on his PS4 as primary & his account is set as primary on my account. He can play any digital game I buy on his console, earning trophies, play online etc & vice versa.

Don't believe this will work... It will work for Playstaion Plus... but I doubt it would work for a three way game share since..

You will have to deactivate one of your accounts as a primary one then activate his... however, that will mess up your two system...

Note... I have googled this and people on other forums are saying you can't as well

I just crossed out their name due to their privacy...

You must login or register to view this content.
10-14-2015, 09:48 AM #4
Default Avatar
Roar
The only way to be able to play games that are from your brothers account is to either use his account directly on any PS4 or you can use play them on any console where the PS4 is activated as the primary console. Basically this means the only option for your nephew to be able to play them is for him to use your brother's account or you would have to give up the primary for your console and thus the games for yourself.
10-14-2015, 01:52 PM #5
Thought so. Just wasn't sure if the deactivation would register if we never signed into that account ever again on the console. I guess my brother will have to start buying his own games (I only use his account for Destiny but I'll just buy that for cheap preowned)
10-14-2015, 09:51 PM #6
Chris
Former Staff
Question has been answered successfully.
- Thread Closed

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo