05-13-2017, 11:17 PM #1
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Will this work?
You must login or register to view this content.

Pretty sure it does. Thanks!
05-14-2017, 04:24 AM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Pyr00HD View Post
Will this work?
You must login or register to view this content.

Pretty sure it does. Thanks!

All three different models of a PS4:

• PS4
  • PS4 Slim
  • PS4 PRO

Have the same HDD size which is basically a laptop's size of 2.5" drive. In this case, your Seagate HDD 2.5" 1TB will for sure work. Do you have anymore questions that need to be answered? c:

EDIT: I would recommend the 5TB Seagate Expansion: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 05-14-2017 at 04:27 AM.
05-14-2017, 06:04 AM #3
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
All three different models of a PS4:

• PS4
  • PS4 Slim
  • PS4 PRO

Have the same HDD size which is basically a laptop's size of 2.5" drive. In this case, your Seagate HDD 2.5" 1TB will for sure work. Do you have anymore questions that need to be answered? c:

EDIT: I would recommend the 5TB Seagate Expansion: You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks, Hydrogen.
The HDD you recommended for me is an external hard drive. I don't think they can store games on the PS4. I've seen some people say that the external hard drive works only for photos and videos.
Last edited by Pyr00HD ; 05-14-2017 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Quote
05-14-2017, 02:36 PM #4
Dannyman
Are you high?
Thanks, Hydrogen.
The HDD you recommended for me is an external hard drive. I don't think they can store games on the PS4. I've seen some people say that the external hard drive works only for photos and videos.

As of the lastest 4.50 firmware, you can download PS4 games to an external HDD as well, so that one would work too.
Either way, if the external HDD is a 2,5" one, you can take the HDD out of the external case and use it as an internal drive on your console. That's what I did with mine (used that same Seagate expansion from the link, but the 1Tb version) because in some cases, it actually ends up being cheaper than buying a regular HDD.
It's just a matter of comparing prices and buying what you think is the best option. My recommendation is to stick with the Seagate drives Happy
05-14-2017, 03:54 PM #5
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dannyman View Post
As of the lastest 4.50 firmware, you can download PS4 games to an external HDD as well, so that one would work too.
Either way, if the external HDD is a 2,5" one, you can take the HDD out of the external case and use it as an internal drive on your console. That's what I did with mine (used that same Seagate expansion from the link, but the 1Tb version) because in some cases, it actually ends up being cheaper than buying a regular HDD.
It's just a matter of comparing prices and buying what you think is the best option. My recommendation is to stick with the Seagate drives Happy

Oh nice. I'll try to do that. I've noticed the externals are much cheaper than the internals. But they can be used as internals too, Thanks.
05-16-2017, 05:55 PM #6
Dannyman
Are you high?
Oh nice. I'll try to do that. I've noticed the externals are much cheaper than the internals. But they can be used as internals too, Thanks.

True. I bought my Seagate Expansion 1Tb here in Portugal for 65€, while a good internal 2,5" HDD would be at least 10€ more expensive, or even more than that. If you're willing to wait for price drops in amazon you can find the 2Tb version of this external HDD for almost the same price I paid for the 1Tb one Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo