03-04-2011, 08:57 PM #1
Tree
Clearly Outplayed
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so my mother has this oh... 5 year old laptop and it has a broken monitor, but thats not the problem. She is on Windows XP 16 bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade that to a 32 bit. Not really looking for a new OS but if that is needed, please tell me.

She told me she couldn't install Onlive because, she didn't have SP3. I told her to do so and she couldn't, it failed. So apparently she was on a 16bit OS i'm guessing. Can anyone help me out?

Willing to give rep as a reward for helping me.
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM #2
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Originally posted by Tree View Post
Okay, so my mother has this oh... 5 year old laptop and it has a broken monitor, but thats not the problem. She is on Windows XP 16 bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade that to a 32 bit. Not really looking for a new OS but if that is needed, please tell me.

She told me she couldn't install Onlive because, she didn't have SP3. I told her to do so and she couldn't, it failed. So apparently she was on a 16bit OS i'm guessing. Can anyone help me out?

Willing to give rep as a reward for helping me.

You Can't upgrade the bit cuz you bits related with cpu

And you can't change the cpu , Rams only change in laptops Happy

The following user thanked ShinigamiUzi for this useful post:

Tree
03-05-2011, 12:57 AM #3
ShoeUnited
Save Point
16bit XP? 16bit Processor? Have I walked into the hall of stupid?

Sure there are 16-bit processors. But you're NEVER going to run XP on that. It requires a 32-bit processor.

More than likely she A) she ran out of space B) has a terrible connection C) hardware is not reliable anymore D) Connection broke while trying to download/update.

Here's my suggestion. Check to see if she's running XP. To the common person, it could be win2k or even winME! Upside Down HappywtfSmile

After making sure it is winXP grab a copy of sp3 here: You must login or register to view this content. and burn it onto a disc. Do a disc install if it still craps out, give us an error code or a good description or something!

-Shoe

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo