05-30-2011, 08:58 PM #1
Gary-
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have downloaded Windows 8 Build 7995 (in the premium section) and I have mounted it to Drive J: or whatever using PowerISO / MagicISO, I go to install it, and it asks which type I want to install, Upgrade or Custom. I select Upgrade, and I'm prompted, after a couple seconds, with this message

Originally posted by another user

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

There is not enough free space to store temporary Windows installation files. Try using Disk Cleanup, uninstall old programs, or move files to an external location such as a CD, DVD, or external hard drive.

I am positive there is enough space, as I've been told it only takes up around 16GB, and I have 90GB free. What could be the problem?

Whoever helps resolve this, I'll give you 50k vBux :carling:
05-30-2011, 09:12 PM #2
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
You can't install it onto another running OS :fpalm: you need to burn it to a disk and make another partition

The following user groaned Josh_ox3 for this awful post:

Kombust
05-30-2011, 09:36 PM #3
Originally posted by g
I have downloaded Windows 8 Build 7995 (in the premium section) and I have mounted it to Drive J: or whatever using PowerISO / MagicISO, I go to install it, and it asks which type I want to install, Upgrade or Custom. I select Upgrade, and I'm prompted, after a couple seconds, with this message

I am positive there is enough space, as I've been told it only takes up around 16GB, and I have 90GB free. What could be the problem?

Whoever helps resolve this, I'll give you 50k vBux :carling:

Why would you even try to mount it...
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM #4
Kombust
At least I can fight
Burn to disc, make a partition, install there. done.
And I never knew windows 8 was out :O

The following user groaned Kombust for this awful post:

Josh_ox3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo