06-09-2011, 09:25 PM #1
Millz
Worth the Weight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys. I have been running Windows Vista for about 4 years now. My computer starts in about 2 minutes, which is a little bit long for a computer with the following Specs:

4GB - RAM
Intel Core Centrino 2.0ghtz.
64-Bit Operating System
512MB Video Card

I have CCleaner to scan for any registry errors (NONE)
I also use it to clean junk files (NONE)

The computer itself runs perfectly fast after the long boot time, but it's the boot time that has me worried.

I HAVE MY START UP PROGRAMS TO A MINIMAL, AND THE PROCESSES THAT ARE RUNNING ARE PRETTY MUCH ONLY THE NEEDED ONES TO RUN MY COMPUTER.

I have 150g of free space on my hard drive, and almost no freeware. What could be causing me all of this trouble. Or is 2 minutes just regular for this kind of computer? Could it be the hard disk that is going? Or is the computer just going, and I should upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
06-09-2011, 09:36 PM #2
regular load time imo my computer has 8 gb ram
3.3 ghz Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 975
1gb video card
and thats average
are you talking about to desktop time or from desktop to full boot
because mine at full boot takes at least 3 and its almost new
06-09-2011, 09:38 PM #3
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by travisf22 View Post
regular load time imo my computer has 8 gb ram
3.3 ghz
1gb video card
and thats average
are you talking about to desktop time or from desktop to full boot
because mine at full boot takes at least 3 and its almost new

Really? Mine used to start in about 1m 30 secs a year ago.

I'm talking about a cold boot. From BIOS to Desktop.
Last edited by Millz ; 06-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.
06-09-2011, 09:41 PM #4
mine jumps to the desktop in like 30 seconds but not full boot mine sits at the desktop loading processes forever
your computter more than likely has dead weight files such as music/ videos/ movies applications ect that it must load in addition to your processes
06-09-2011, 09:50 PM #5
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by travisf22 View Post
mine jumps to the desktop in like 30 seconds but not full boot mine sits at the desktop loading processes forever
your computter more than likely has dead weight files such as music/ videos/ movies applications ect that it must load in addition to your processes

But...but... I want my music and videos. Oh well, I'll just export them to my 1TB external HDD. Thanks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo