06-14-2011, 01:04 AM #1
The Low Key OG
still the same OG, but I've been low key
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've decided I'd build my computer to:
1. get some experience in the field
2. save some cash vs pre-made
3. give my brain something stimulating to do over the summer
4. get a well-made powerhouse

I'll be using this computer for:
1. mostly movie watching
2. graphics & design
3. a little bit of gaming

[highlight]Budget: $1000 (could stretch)[/highlight]

So far what I've picked out:
1. Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K Boxed Processor 2nd Generation Sandy Bridge CPU
You must login or register to view this content.

2.Video Card: Sapphire 100311SR HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 256bit PCIE 2.1 Crossfire Support

3. Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

4. RAM: Corsair Dominator 12 GB 1600 MHz PC3-12800 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMP12GX3M3A1600C9

5. Power Supply: Antec TruePower Quattro 1000 Power supply - 1kW

6. Case: Sunbeam 9 Bay Acrylic Case - UV Blue

7. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Internal hard drive - 600 MBps - 7200 rpm

8. Monitor x3: ASUS VH236H - 23" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display w/ Stereo speakers

Without the monitors, I'm at about $1600 and would like to work it down. Is there anything I could tone down a bit that wouldn't hurt overall performance. What I'm asking here is if I could save some cash, but still be able to run any game I'd like, use 3 monitors and still be lightning fast.

Thanks guys and thanks to F33L and -FaTe- for helping me get to what I have so far.
06-14-2011, 04:40 AM #2
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
That power supply for one. I think you could get by with range of 600+watt. You can google power supply calculator it will help you out there.

You GPU might be big if your not gaming a lot, that is a very strong card, little gaming you could get 57**

If you're not overclocking go with 2600 not 2600K.

Also, if you change the motherboard make sure you check memory speeds, some only 1333MHz. Which would save you little.

You're motherboard also, you could get by with 80-140ish board. (you won't lose power trust me.)

Those things there would knock serveral hundreds off.

The following user thanked AlabamaHit for this useful post:

The Low Key OG

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo