06-22-2011, 12:04 PM #1
fill0botto95
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i've just bought a amd hd 6790
there's anyone can tell me how to change the graphic card?
06-22-2011, 12:21 PM #2
simply put it in the graphics card into the graphics card slot in your motherboard, boot up your pc and then install the drivers
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM #3
fill0botto95
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by kian95 View Post
simply put it in the graphics card into the graphics card slot in your motherboard, boot up your pc and then install the drivers

mmmm....does the card work without the drivers?
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM #4
is it pc or labtop. I don't think you can change graphic cards on certain/if not all labtops. If its desktop take your back off and at the bottem should be the grahpic slots. then DONT FORGET TO INSTALL THE DISC.
06-22-2011, 04:13 PM #5
Axiom
PC Gamer
Originally posted by fill0botto95 View Post
i've just bought a amd hd 6790
there's anyone can tell me how to change the graphic card?

Do you even know if it's compatible with your motherboard? If it is then all you do is slot it into a PCIx16 slot. Google it for pictures of whereabouts it goes.
06-22-2011, 04:17 PM #6
fill0botto95
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Axiom View Post
Do you even know if it's compatible with your motherboard? If it is then all you do is slot it into a PCIx16 slot. Google it for pictures of whereabouts it goes.

yes it's compatible, i also know where is the slot .-.
i would know if i have to unistall old drivers and install new one before or after the card change...
06-22-2011, 04:21 PM #7
Axiom
PC Gamer
Originally posted by fill0botto95 View Post
yes it's compatible, i also know where is the slot .-.
i would know if i have to unistall old drivers and install new one before or after the card change...

Well, I'm not too sure because when I bought mine all I had to do was plug it in then use the Plug n' Play drivers untill I installed the official nVidia drivers. I'm pretty sure you don't need to uninstall the old display drivers.
06-23-2011, 11:00 AM #8
MythGavin
Gym leader
Is your PSU strong enough?
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM #9
Asmel
Are you high?
Your graphic card probably uses two pci express connectors, so Before doing anything, make sure your psu has them.

Pci Express connectors:

PSU

You must login or register to view this content.

Graphic Card

You must login or register to view this content.

Now you only have to insert the card in to the slot, plug in the connectors and screw it (with screws :rolleyesSmile.

Next turn on Pc and if everything is ok donwload the latest drivers from the manufacturer. Never intall them from the cd, always outdated.

Hope that helps.

The following user thanked Asmel for this useful post:

fill0botto95
06-24-2011, 04:30 PM #10
fill0botto95
You talkin to me?
solved
i had to use integrated graphic card, then i had to intall drivers Winky Winky
psu was 500 w, enough to connect 2 6-pin clable Winky Winky
thanks to all

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.