07-31-2011, 05:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Can the alienware m14x base model play games like mw2 or waw? If not what do I need to upgrade? I rally need to know soon guys plz help me out

The following user thanked Black_Jesus for this useful post:

erbisme4
07-31-2011, 06:05 PM #2
zchryfrk
Gym leader
yes it should easily run those games

The following user thanked zchryfrk for this useful post:

Black_Jesus
07-31-2011, 10:52 PM #3
Originally posted by zchryfrk View Post
yes it should easily run those games

The base model, cause some people say u need to upgrade some stuff first.... I just don't get how the specifications for mw2 are a 3.0GHz processor and I can't find one on a pc that goes higher then 2.9GHz with a turbo boost.? Does a quad processor mean there's 4 for them? So a 2.5GHz quad processor would be 10GHz?
08-01-2011, 01:33 AM #4
zchryfrk
Gym leader
Originally posted by Jesus View Post
The base model, cause some people say u need to upgrade some stuff first.... I just don't get how the specifications for mw2 are a 3.0GHz processor and I can't find one on a pc that goes higher then 2.9GHz with a turbo boost.? Does a quad processor mean there's 4 for them? So a 2.5GHz quad processor would be 10GHz?

A quad core processor does not have 4 processors it has for cores so whatever GHz is shown is what you get. I have the i5 760 2.8 GHz quad core processor in my computer and it can run crysis 2 at 60 fps just fine. What you want to look into is the GPU. The base model has the 1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M. This should be fine for those games. But if you want a serious gaming rig I would suggest building your own gaming desktop. It will be much cheaper and probably better. Alienware computers are very overpriced.

The following user thanked zchryfrk for this useful post:

Black_Jesus
08-01-2011, 04:11 AM #5
Thanks for your help so far... I have to bother u with one more question.. I am set on an aloe ware laptop.. I'm just feeing to decide on if I can use the m11x or if I need the m14x... Can I play cod mw2 on good settings with the m11x I rlly need to know soon and it sounds like u know UR stuff (p.s. What games would I need a serious gaming rig for? All I wanna play is cod am I good?)

Originally posted by zchryfrk View Post
A quad core processor does not have 4 processors it has for cores so whatever GHz is shown is what you get. I have the i5 760 2.8 GHz quad core processor in my computer and it can run crysis 2 at 60 fps just fine. What you want to look into is the GPU. The base model has the 1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M. This should be fine for those games. But if you want a serious gaming rig I would suggest building your own gaming desktop. It will be much cheaper and probably better. Alienware computers are very overpriced.
08-01-2011, 04:18 AM #6
erbisme4
Penn State '16
Thanks for your help so far... I have to bother u with one more question.. I am set on an aloe ware laptop.. I'm just feeing to decide on if I can use the m11x or if I need the m14x... Can I play cod mw2 on good settings with the m11x I rlly need to know soon and it sounds like u know UR stuff (p.s. What games would I need a serious gaming rig for? All I wanna play is cod am I good?)
Easily bra:y:

The following user thanked erbisme4 for this useful post:

Black_Jesus
08-01-2011, 04:26 AM #7
Originally posted by Sleepy. View Post

Are You Hitler? :hitman:
Ohh No Its Hitler! :lol:
Run Pedobear! :pedo:
Im Gonna Call Superman! Awesome face
Superman Is Here! Outie
LOL I Was Messing Around With This!

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

LOL Sleepy You Should Put That As Your Sig
My Joke..
08-01-2011, 04:41 AM #8

I dnt get it cause the processor on the m11x is 1.2 GHz but my aunts is 2.53GHz and it says on canirunthis.com (or whatever it is) that her computers CPU (processor) <-- (which is 2.53GHz can't run the game) for blackops
08-01-2011, 04:47 AM #9
I dnt get it cause the processor on the m11x is 1.2 GHz but my aunts is 2.53GHz and it says on canirunthis.com (or whatever it is) that her computers CPU (processor) <-- (which is 2.53GHz can't run the game) for blackops

Did You Search Google On How To Run Games On Alienware m11x 1.2 GHz?
08-01-2011, 04:51 AM #10
Originally posted by Who
Did You Search Google On How To Run Games On Alienware m11x 1.2 GHz?

Ya, I've been treeing all day, I cnt find anything... The best I can fin is utube vies of people playing on the m11x and it looks good but I dn tget how it's possible.... If anyone can help me out I'd rllllllly appreciate it..in the meantime I'll keep looking

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo