10-17-2011, 07:42 PM #1
Merkii
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't know much about computers, So I need your help. Please post any laptops that are decent enough for basic use. I don't wanna spend too much so try stay cheap :P
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM #2
Originally posted by Merkii View Post
I don't know much about computers, So I need your help. Please post any laptops that are decent enough for basic use. I don't wanna spend too much so try stay cheap :P

I got his for about $200 it is cheap and good for every day use. But it cant really play games, only minecraft with lowest settings You must login or register to view this content. Just torrent window 7 really cheap
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM #3
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by Steven
I got his for about $200 it is cheap and good for every day use. But it cant really play games, only minecraft with lowest settings You must login or register to view this content. Just torrent window 7 really cheap

Meh I'm looking for around 400€-500€ types :P I'm on a 2GB Ram laptop now and it can hardly run minecraft, I'll also be recording for youtube (If i can get into it) So it needs to run fraps too :P lol
10-17-2011, 08:22 PM #4
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
I don't know much about computers, So I need your help. Please post any laptops that are decent enough for basic use. I don't wanna spend too much so try stay cheap :P

For a cheap price, you'll probably be looking at something from Dell or HP (big, brand names). I just bought a new HP and its pretty nice, another brand I like is Lenovo. Of course, there are others, like Toshiba.

Most websites have some sort of "computer matchmaker", wherein you can basically fill out details you're looking for and then find a laptop.

Personally, when I'm looking to buy a laptop, I just go into a retailer electronics store (such as Best Buy) and tell them what I'm looking for.

You should start by looking for general heuristics. Seek out things like the screen size you want, whether or not you want an HD screen, battery life, weight, and any other essential things that are important to you. Remember that while RAM is good, too much of it will actually slow down your computer. Furthermore, there's no sense in buying something that you don't actually need. For example, look at how much space you've currently used on your harddrive, you can use that to determine things like how much space you need (most of the time, 500-750 GB is actually enough for most people), remember that you don't actually need an SSD, keep in mind that 4-6 GB of RAM is plenty of space, in most cases you won't need more than a dual or quad core computer.

What I'm trying to say is, find something that works for you, and don't go purely off the numbers, just look for the important things.
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM #5
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by Epic
For a cheap price, you'll probably be looking at something from Dell or HP (big, brand names). I just bought a new HP and its pretty nice, another brand I like is Lenovo. Of course, there are others, like Toshiba.

Most websites have some sort of "computer matchmaker", wherein you can basically fill out details you're looking for and then find a laptop.

Personally, when I'm looking to buy a laptop, I just go into a retailer electronics store (such as Best Buy) and tell them what I'm looking for.

You should start by looking for general heuristics. Seek out things like the screen size you want, whether or not you want an HD screen, battery life, weight, and any other essential things that are important to you. Remember that while RAM is good, too much of it will actually slow down your computer. Furthermore, there's no sense in buying something that you don't actually need. For example, look at how much space you've currently used on your harddrive, you can use that to determine things like how much space you need (most of the time, 500-750 GB is actually enough for most people), remember that you don't actually need an SSD, keep in mind that 4-6 GB of RAM is plenty of space, in most cases you won't need more than a dual or quad core computer.

What I'm trying to say is, find something that works for you, and don't go purely off the numbers, just look for the important things.

Ye man, Gizmo helped me and found a pretty good one for my needs :P. I'll leave this open in case i need more help
10-17-2011, 10:29 PM #6
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄

My laptop is for gaming, I personally have You must login or register to view this content. (I did the customization again to show you my specs, but You must login or register to view this content. also works, but I'd recommend the one I have as its only $20 more expensive. Depending on what you use your laptop with, I think you should get mine because it can run Minecraft on Fancy graphics and far render distance (my old laptop sucked a huge one with minecraft even on the lowest settings). If you want to check out the laptop series-generation thing its You must login or register to view this content.. I also run MW2 and Black Ops great (on the rare occasion I play CoD on my PC not PS3). One thing for sure... DONT GET F***ING ALIENWARE. Your paying for brand with Alienware not for specs...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Ye man, Gizmo helped me and found a pretty good one for my needs :P. I'll leave this open in case i need more help

Didn't see this :( sorry I was late.
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM #7
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by Post
My laptop is for gaming, I personally have You must login or register to view this content. (I did the customization again to show you my specs, but You must login or register to view this content. also works, but I'd recommend the one I have as its only $20 more expensive. Depending on what you use your laptop with, I think you should get mine because it can run Minecraft on Fancy graphics and far render distance (my old laptop sucked a huge one with minecraft even on the lowest settings). If you want to check out the laptop series-generation thing its You must login or register to view this content.. I also run MW2 and Black Ops great (on the rare occasion I play CoD on my PC not PS3). One thing for sure... DONT GET F***ING ALIENWARE. Your paying for brand with Alienware not for specs...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Didn't see this :( sorry I was late.

that's a little too expensive for me mate ha ha :P
10-17-2011, 10:36 PM #8
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
that's a little too expensive for me mate ha ha :P

Oh haha I thought 500 euros was $1000. My bad lol.
10-17-2011, 10:40 PM #9
Default Avatar
Cade

Well with this laptop choice I knew you wanted affordability. So, I searched high and low and finnaly found this beauty.

You must login or register to view this content.

This beast weighs a light weight of only 3.5 pounds! It has one of the best CPU's of its time two mudda fugging Hitachi 6310 that clock in at .014MHz :O. The price is just amazing for how fast this thing is its only 795 dollars :happycry:. Now I haven't even got to how amazing the screen is it is freaking 20x4 LCD display!!! Now let me get to the most amazing thing, The RAM :wtf: The RAM comes in at 16K you can even over clock this machine to 32k!!!!!!

Hope I helped Awesome face

The following 3 users say thank you to Cade for this useful post:

Epic?, Jakob, Pichu
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM #10
rhys0065
Maggbot timeout!
honestly seeing that you want to be recording for youtube your better off just building your own desktop pc,also try buy the parts off of a american website so you get the parts cheaper Winky Winky (euro is stronger than dollar if you didnt understand :p )

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo