Post: [question] what is the best programming language to start with?
12-15-2009, 11:55 PM #1
TheRedGnome
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey guys, i really would like to start learning a programming language and i dont know whitch one would be best to start with, i am pretty good with math and im pretty good on some computer stuff. can you guys help by giving some experieneces when you first started and was it a good one to start on... etc. sorry if this was posted somewhere else, but this is my first post! thanks!
12-24-2009, 10:19 PM #2
Default Avatar
slsl0
imo my favorite language is c/c++ but a good starter language is python, its very easy to learn and has loads of functionality
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM #3
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
My very first language was QBasic, then I went from there to Visual Basic, Visual C++, C/C++, PHP, C#, and then some obscure languages like Brainƒuck just for the fun of it. Right now I mainly use C#, C++, and PHP for my programs, so I would start out learning one of those.
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM #4
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
My very first language was QBasic, then I went from there to Visual Basic, Visual C++, C/C++, PHP, C#, and then some obscure languages like BrainÆ’uck just for the fun of it. Right now I mainly use C#, C++, and PHP for my programs, so I would start out learning one of those.

Is it easy going from one programming language to another? Like from Visual Basic to PHP or something? Becasuse I'm new to programming, just started it at AS level now at college, and I was just wondering how it is, going from one to another completely different one. :confused:
12-29-2009, 08:43 PM #5
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by Shepleklet View Post
Is it easy going from one programming language to another? Like from Visual Basic to PHP or something? Becasuse I'm new to programming, just started it at AS level now at college, and I was just wondering how it is, going from one to another completely different one. :confused:

Well certain languages are similar to each other. Visual Basic uses a similar syntax to QBasic, so that was an easy switch. And C/C++ and PHP are similar in some ways, but PHP uses weak typing so it's easier to program in. PHP would be an easy language to start with, but it might be harder to switch to something like C or C++ later.

The following user thanked magglass1 for this useful post:

Shepleklet
12-30-2009, 03:30 AM #6
123tomw123
Pokemon Trainer
Best thing to start with: Visual Basic / VB.NET

Then move on to more challenging languages like C++/C
12-30-2009, 08:38 PM #7
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!
The Answer....

Depends. What do you want to code? What is your overall goal?

A website? Maybe xHTML first then move on to css, javascript, php ect
A program? With a gui? C++, visual basic ect all can do it and wont matter which one.

Read tutorials and figure out where your going by learning.
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM #8
///M
GTghost
I would start off with Python, it is pretty much script programming. Google uses python. So I would suggest starting off with that. Thats what im doing right now.
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM #9
TViYH
Gobble
In my opinion, an OOP language like Pascal/Delphi would be the best to start out with.

Then VB.NET, then C#, then Java, then C/C++.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo