01-21-2016, 06:41 PM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was looking at that self taught or school taught thread in this section and it kind of gave me the idea to make this.

What's something you've made (preferably from the ground up) that you think is just awesome or you learned the most from?

For me, bar none it would have to be the Lexicon Dashboard. I've done quite a few of these in the past but nothing to this degree. Ticket system, fully functional chat and probably the most in depth one was a goddamn mini forum. Forums are always something I've had a soft spot for, and it isn't until you start trying to make your own do you realize how robust something like vBulletin and Xenforo are.

For example, this is just basic functionality but still took a fair bit of time and work to create:

You must login or register to view this content.

I took Enzo's design. Sue me for begin front-end retarded.

And here's the chat in case you're interested. It's changed quite a bit since then (note the date of the messages). The time of each message doesn't look so stupid anymore + proper idle checking was added:
<video controls>
<source src="https://tusticles.com/chat.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

01-21-2016, 11:37 PM #2
Sloth
Banned
Was the forum purely developed by you or is it based off something? (like made from scratch by you or some shit)

My favorite thing is my shoutbox used to have more features like playing youtube videos for everyone in the background, smilies, image perms, and kicking/banning/silencing etc but I decided to rebuild it

Here is a gifv or the current version at the time of this post

It refreshes the user who's membership is set to make sure it doesn't act weird

You must login or register to view this content. <--- Shows the Membership Changing command
You must login or register to view this content. <--- Shows the Moving and minimizing of the SB

NOTE: I wasnt given the quote option on your post but I can quote this post =Z
Last edited by Sloth ; 01-21-2016 at 11:45 PM.
01-22-2016, 01:51 AM #3
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Sloth View Post
Was the forum purely developed by you or is it based off something? (like made from scratch by you or some shit)

My favorite thing is my shoutbox used to have more features like playing youtube videos for everyone in the background, smilies, image perms, and kicking/banning/silencing etc but I decided to rebuild it

Here is a gifv or the current version at the time of this post

It refreshes the user who's membership is set to make sure it doesn't act weird

You must login or register to view this content. <--- Shows the Membership Changing command
You must login or register to view this content. <--- Shows the Moving and minimizing of the SB

NOTE: I wasnt given the quote option on your post but I can quote this post =Z

The forums were from scratch, yes. I decided to try it out mostly just for fun but it's also useful for posting shit about the menu so it's easier to find and doesn't clutter NGU as much. I was a bit disappointed because I added Markdown support for the posts and I made editing really smooth using Javascript but I couldn't find any pre-made libraries to convert HTML to markdown and vice versa in Javascript so I just had to make post editing on a separate page. Otherwise it would fuck up all the formatting when you edited which was annoying.

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

01-22-2016, 06:22 AM #4
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
The forums were from scratch, yes. I decided to try it out mostly just for fun but it's also useful for posting shit about the menu so it's easier to find and doesn't clutter NGU as much. I was a bit disappointed because I added Markdown support for the posts and I made editing really smooth using Javascript but I couldn't find any pre-made libraries to convert HTML to markdown and vice versa in Javascript so I just had to make post editing on a separate page. Otherwise it would fuck up all the formatting when you edited which was annoying.

i fuckin lol'ed for 5 mins when i saw this You must login or register to view this content. :ha!:
01-24-2016, 01:26 PM #5
Passion
League Champion
My custom paypal gateway probably.
Basically what it does is it redirect my gta 5 modding store to another site to complete purchase so mystore>hostingsite>paypal
Wich allows me to sell services like GTA 5 Mods or GTA 5 Mod Menu's without getting my PayPal limited.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo