Post: [Tut] Movie Maker Montage Tips/Tricks/General Help + Competition.
10-28-2008, 04:49 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I suck at intros, let's face it. I also don't know everything in the world, so don't get pissed off at me because of it. I'm just trying to put in how to make a montage... not shit.

Okay, I'm not perfect at anything. I'm just typing this as I go along. I will take requests on what to add/etc.

Instant Replays:

These are quite a popular thing to have in montages these days. I've seen so many poor bastards who can't edit, and just put slow-mo on a huge segment. Long slow-mo that doesn't show the good stuff soon enough, and get on with the rest soon enough. That's what you don't want.

Select your shot of your little instant replay, copy it and leave it copied. Make a break in the shot (Can't remember the usual process, it involves placing the cursor over the break you want and right-clicking. See? Not perfect.), and paste it in. Add your effects, and get on with it.

Intros:

I know I'm not good at intros, but with videos it's easier. Instead of starting in the middle of a game, like some montages, start at the loading screen/choose class. Fade in, add your little intro bits over the clip (Edit movie -> Add titles/credits -> Add title on selected clip), choose a font/color, and stick it on there. Put some filler to last out the intro, best choice is to put super-fast-forward of you running to meet the other team. It's highly advised to have no volume, and then have music at your first little encounter with the evil little pixel enemies. Get on with the show.

Music:

The LAST step of the montage. Don't pick anything under the categories of:

Rap. It means you're a 10-12-year-old who thinks he's cool because Soljew Bitch is 'gangsta nukka'.
Screamo. It means you're some emo self-hating needs-to-commit-suicide-alfrigginready-annoying-pain-in-the-ass-to-society who nobody wants to listen to.

So now that you have a fitting song for the montage, add it on. Remember my advice. Now, notice how some people have music, then go back to the game to listen to the gun sounds? Good effect, but the music/video audio balancer works for the whole montage. Mute the clips, have the slider halfway. After the music, unmute the clips and fade in. Seem simple enough?

Muting is simple. Select a clip, select "clip" and click Audio. Or just select the clips and right-click mute.

Challenge:

I want to see a montage without the following:

Rediculous shots of no-scoping like jumping off a building. Yeah, you have a 1/50 chance of hitting him, we don't give a flying squirrel.

Shit music. See above.

With the following:

Skilled instant replays.

Good, fitting choice of music. No nu-metal posers like Disturbed, they're way too overused.

A good assortment of weapons, variety of tactics.

Different maps and game types.

A song change, using the mute/fade in trick.

No spraying.

Credits.

Title overlays.

The prize:

30K vBux, thanking + nominating of one selected post.

Das all.

The following 2 users say thank you to Rushied for this useful post:

DaleD-, Faux Power

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo