01-27-2009, 04:17 PM #1
Enzo
Brute
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, many of you might not be a hot-head about apple shit like me, but this can affect almost everyone looking to buy a new cell phone.
Apple's iPhone uses mulit-touch (pinch to zoom-out, etc) and everyone from blackberry to HTC is trying to replicate it. well, recently apple was awarded that patent that makes the multi-touch possible. heres the article.
Originally posted by another user
Perhaps adding teeth to Apple's recent comments that they would vigorously defend their intellectual property behind the iPhone, World of Apple notes that the U.S. Patent Office has awarded Apple the patent on their application titled Touch screen device, method, and graphical user interface for determining commands by applying heuristics.

The mammoth 358 page patent application incorporates patent applications filed as far back as September 2006 and has been previously dubbed "The iPhone Patent" by some. The application details the implementation of Multi-Touch on the iPhone alongside numerous diagrams of the device itself:
A computer-implemented method for use in conjunction with a computing device with a touch screen display comprises: detecting one or more finger contacts with the touch screen display, applying one or more heuristics to the one or more finger contacts to determine a command for the device, and processing the command.

Steve Jobs is prominently listed amongst the inventors along with other notable individuals such as Scott Forstall and Wayne Westerman.

this is great news for iPhone fanboys, like me. hopefully this technology will carry over to their computers in the future, and hopefully they'll be less expensive for all of the people on here who complain about their price.

You must login or register to view this content.
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM #2
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
01-31-2009, 04:02 AM #3
Enzo
Brute
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post

Hahahahaha! Kudos!
01-31-2009, 05:43 AM #4
AgentJon
Former Staff
iphone taking over baby!
i want one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo