03-24-2009, 08:59 PM #1
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i just downloaded Ubuntu and installed it. So i load it up and i though the resolution was a bit too big (800/420..i think) so i change it to 620 by sommet else thinking it was going to make it smaller.but when i accept every things bigger. So i go back to the resolution and try to change it back but i cant click accept because i cant get to it. I cant move the page up or resize it enough to get to the accept, and when i press enter it changes the last option i clicked within the resolution page.
Anyone know how to get it back to the 800 option?

(I hope you understand what i mean)

EDIT: I changed the res back to 800 by 600, but i only have 2 options. i was wondering if there is a way to get the windows 1200 by 800 i think it is?

Also, how do i connect to a wireless internet? i just figured out the wired one so i might have found it soon.

Im new to ubuntu so dont hate me.
Last edited by xinfectedsoulx ; 03-24-2009 at 11:06 PM.
03-24-2009, 11:05 PM #2
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
So i just downloaded Ubuntu and installed it. So i load it up and i though the resolution was a bit too big (800/420..i think) so i change it to 620 by sommet else thinking it was going to make it smaller.but when i accept every things bigger. So i go back to the resolution and try to change it back but i cant click accept because i cant get to it. I cant move the page up or resize it enough to get to the accept, and when i press enter it changes the last option i clicked within the resolution page.
Anyone know how to get it back to the 800 option?

(I hope you understand what i mean)

I think you mean that it was set to 800x600 and you changed it to 640x480. When you say too big, do you mean that things on the screen were too big, or the resolution was too high? I think you wanted to increase the resolution to something like 1024x768 or 1280x1024. You'll have to change the screen resolution by editing your xorg config. See this thread for help: You must login or register to view this content.
03-25-2009, 06:32 PM #3
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
yeah thats what i meant, i thought i didnt say it clear enough. I got it back to 800 but im trying to get the net on wirelessly before i try the other res setting. Im new to ubuntu so i dont know much about it. Thanks for the help Happy
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM #4
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
yeah thats what i meant, i thought i didnt say it clear enough. I got it back to 800 but im trying to get the net on wirelessly before i try the other res setting. Im new to ubuntu so i dont know much about it. Thanks for the help Happy

Wireless can be tricky in Linux sometimes. Good luck! Happy
03-26-2009, 03:53 PM #5
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
yeah, iv just figured out, someone my bro knows has it hooked up to wireless, ill see if he can do it. Could be some time haha. Thanks for the help Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo