Post: Windows could not complete installation (need help)
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM #1
markinatorz
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); At first I had a error: no such partition GRUB>
Got rid of that and now I have an error: Windows could not complete installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.
Then the computer restarts and displays the same message again and I can't get out of the loop, any help.

I have tried running in safe mode, nothing different
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM #2
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Originally posted by markinatorz View Post
At first I had a error: no such partition GRUB>
Got rid of that and now I have an error: Windows could not complete installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.
Then the computer restarts and displays the same message again and I can't get out of the loop, any help.

Some files are missing !
02-25-2011, 04:02 PM #3
At first I had a error: no such partition GRUB>

if you have missing files and cant get out of the loop go into safe mode and have your os disk put in and re intall the os that you have on disk it will fix everthing that is missing then just go back and delete the old windows backup update if you are using that os .. and what were you partitioning for?
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM #4
markinatorz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Anko View Post
if you have missing files and cant get out of the loop go into safe mode and have your os disk put in and re intall the os that you have on disk it will fix everthing that is missing then just go back and delete the old windows backup update if you are using that os .. and what were you partitioning for?

I was dual-booting ubuntu and the bad thing is I did not get a disk with the laptop for windows 7 is there another way to get one?
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM #5
I was dual-booting ubuntu and the bad thing is I did not get a disk with the laptop for windows 7 is there another way to get one?

if it was purchased legally you should be able to call the company you bought the computer from and they should be able to send you a disk. lol i dont mess around using two os's on my computer i have no reason to :mudkip:
02-25-2011, 05:25 PM #6
markinatorz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Anko View Post
if it was purchased legally you should be able to call the company you bought the computer from and they should be able to send you a disk. lol i dont mess around using two os's on my computer i have no reason to :mudkip:

Ok thanks for the advice, yeah I only did it because I was trying a few programming things didn't work out as you can tell :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo