07-01-2008, 11:33 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi folks. I'm sure you've experienced at some time in your computer using life a missing, unregistered, or corrupt DLL, OCX, and other dependencies. Today I downloaded something that needed a pesky MSWINSCK.OCX... I found the OCX file at You must login or register to view this content., which told me to put it into my C:\Windows\sytem32 folder.

I did that, still, it didn't work. I looked for a little bit and found a solution to my problem. Click start, find your command prompt (In Windows XP, it's Start > Accessories > Command Prompt (sometimes labeled cmd or cmd.exe); in Windows Vista, it's Start, then type in "cmd"). Once you've found your command prompt, right click and choose "Run as administrator". Once there, it should read C:\Windows\system32>. Type in "regsvr32 xxx.ocx" without the quotes, and xxx.ocx being the DLL or OCX file you downloaded (remember? From ocxdump.com or a similar site).

Hope this saves you some frustration... I wish I would've known about it back in the day.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo