03-23-2013, 07:36 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so i built a pc and installed a windows vista 32bit i had and it messed up and says the cophy of vista is not genuine whenever i turn it on. So i want to completly wipe out the harddrive so i can install windows 7 64bit. Ive tried and tried but im not 100% sure on how to do it. If you can help please help me.
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM #2
Originally posted by Laim
Don't wipe the hard drive, Just put the windows 7 disc in or /we and install it. It wipes the hard drive and installs the new OS.

I know but i looked this up and supposibly you cant upgrade from a 32bit to a 64bit. I need 64bit because i have 8gb of ram and it will only let me use 3gb of it.
03-23-2013, 07:54 PM #3
32 + 32 = 64

You can upgrade from 32BIT to 64BIT.

Ok, im gonna try to do it. I wont be going to bestbuy until later. But im 100% sure i will get windows 7 64bit today.
03-23-2013, 09:26 PM #4
garybrady_09
Pro QuickScoper Winky Winky
Originally posted by Reflection. View Post
Ok so i built a pc and installed a windows vista 32bit i had and it messed up and says the cophy of vista is not genuine whenever i turn it on. So i want to completly wipe out the harddrive so i can install windows 7 64bit. Ive tried and tried but im not 100% sure on how to do it. If you can help please help me.

you can format the harddrive using the vista or windows 7 disk you go to custom install I think it is then go to format that will delete everything and I upraded from 32 bit to 64 no problem I didn't need to wipe the harddrive
03-23-2013, 11:35 PM #5
hyperj123
Nuff Said...No Exceptions
32 + 32 = 64

Only if he does a custom install rather than an upgrade. You have to boot to cd in order to wipe it clean and install 64 bit.
03-24-2013, 12:36 AM #6
chaosx6
~*`Chaos Is Power`*~
Ok so i built a pc and installed a windows vista 32bit i had and it messed up and says the cophy of vista is not genuine whenever i turn it on. So i want to completly wipe out the harddrive so i can install windows 7 64bit. Ive tried and tried but im not 100% sure on how to do it. If you can help please help me.

If your wanting to wipe the hard drive use a program called Darik's Boot And Nuke. Its a good program and its free.
03-24-2013, 12:41 AM #7
Pichu
RIP PICHU.

You mean reformatting the hard disk. Insert the disk into your computer and restart. Wait a few seconds and a black screen should appear and will ask you to press any button to continue. This will load up the Win 7 disk for you to reformat.

Go through and delete the partitions that are on your computer and then create a new. This will create a small 100mb partition for system settings and then the rest will be where you format and load Windows 7 onto it.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

32 + 32 = 64

32 + 32 does not equal a 64 bit system.

32 bits has a maximum value of ~2,147,000,000 million while 64 bits has, if a remember correctly, something like 18 quintillion values.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo