07-27-2015, 01:26 PM #1
Kush Friendly
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so I have single and dual socket motherboards and one question(I tried google, google sucks)..
I searched 'is dual socket better than single socket' and all that came up on google is 'Is Dual core better then quad core' your stupid if you had to google that by the way...
So what would have better performance, a single socket Xeon 8-Core CPU or Dual Socket with 2 Quad-Core CPUs?
Im looking to go bigger and faster than 8-Cores but im using 8 right now so.
07-27-2015, 02:22 PM #2
HeroWin
Java Developer
Originally posted by Kush
Ok so I have single and dual socket motherboards and one question(I tried google, google sucks)..
I searched 'is dual socket better than single socket' and all that came up on google is 'Is Dual core better then quad core' your stupid if you had to google that by the way...
So what would have better performance, a single socket Xeon 8-Core CPU or Dual Socket with 2 Quad-Core CPUs?

Quad core!!!!! But if you would like mor flexibility and like to control.... go with two duals
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Kush
Ok so I have single and dual socket motherboards and one question(I tried google, google sucks)..

Unless you are building a server a dual socket will provide really no benefit to you.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Sighes
07-27-2015, 04:54 PM #4
Kush Friendly
League Champion
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Unless you are building a server a dual socket will provide really no benefit to you.

Right now im using my Mac Pro with dual socket but im going to get different server hardware and I know a guy with some rack servers for cheap but why buy if I can just get a 8 core cpu... idk tho I would like to have some real servers that are made for hard server use that I can have turned on a lot with lots of clients on it at the same time
07-28-2015, 06:39 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post

u need them dank workloads for a dual socket.
05-03-2016, 01:04 PM #6
Kush Friendly
League Champion
I do, I got two dual socket computers right now. Im working on upgrading one of them from 2x dual core @ 3GHz to 2x quad core @ 3.5GHz.
Me and some of my buddies putting some things together to get some online shit going. We have a lot of powerful servers we are just looking for a safe place for them and so they can stay on and be running 24/7.. and not get overheated or wet
06-16-2016, 09:35 PM #7
zundappchef
Vault dweller
depends on what ur doing with it ( i know right that awsner)

a dual socket can benefit in some cases allot
as every cpu has deticated memory banks

now as far as ur question goes
the dual quad core would outpreform the 8 core single

but for gaming i would not advice it
then go with single 8 core as the load would not be spreaded to the 2 cpu`s

for allot of network storage or rendering
go with the dual socket

but remember allot of programs bennefit more from a fast single core performance

so there is that question again
what are u going to do with it

if u just look for ultimate build
go for the dual socket board as it wil benefit u in overall preformance
and if u put a good cpu in there ( and u probably wil if ur looking into dual socket boards) u dont see any draw backs

lookup these 2 youtube chanels
linustechtips
barnacules

those both have built dual socked boards and explain the benefit of it

my rig is a dual socket with 2 xeon 12 core`s atm
i tought it was a good idea
but the single core performance is holding back some speed for the work i do with it ( be adviced)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo