10-23-2015, 01:38 PM #1
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys.. I have a strange problem with my USB Drive!
This problem happened time ago, but seemed I fixed it for a bit when I formatted the drive with the Windows Utility. Then I'm getting this again.
Sometimes it happens that, if I put files on it, they work but then when I remove the USB and plug it back again, the files get corrupted, and, I can't delete, rename, open, copy/cut them. Also they have weird names..
A screenshot maybe can help.
Here in this screenshot, for example I put some .PDF files on a folder, this is what I have now :

You must login or register to view this content.

Does someone know how can I really fix this issue? Also why I get it..?
10-23-2015, 01:49 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ZackFairFF7X View Post
Hi guys.. I have a strange problem with my USB Drive!
This problem happened time ago, but seemed I fixed it for a bit when I formatted the drive with the Windows Utility. Then I'm getting this again.
Sometimes it happens that, if I put files on it, they work but then when I remove the USB and plug it back again, the files get corrupted, and, I can't delete, rename, open, copy/cut them. Also they have weird names..
A screenshot maybe can help.
Here in this screenshot, for example I put some .PDF files on a folder, this is what I have now :

Does someone know how can I really fix this issue? Also why I get it..?

Never heard of something like that outside of a virus. Have you looked at the files on your other drives or tried another flash drive?
10-23-2015, 02:33 PM #3
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
Never heard of something like that outside of a virus. Have you looked at the files on your other drives or tried another flash drive?

All my other drives are fine.. just this one has this issue :\
10-25-2015, 12:56 AM #4
Hawk
Former Staff
Originally posted by ZackFairFF7X View Post
All my other drives are fine.. just this one has this issue :\

It is more than likely a virus on the USB, try a virus scan on that drive, and see what the results are. (Malwarebytes anti-rootkit may be a good idea to run as wel)
11-05-2015, 03:26 AM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Question answered. Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo