02-18-2016, 05:50 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Installing VLC Player on Kali Linux

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Vlc Player on Kali Linux! Here is the tutorial:

1.) Open up Terminal on Kali Linux, and type this code in or just copy and paste. Make sure you do them in order and press enter for each one.
2.) First Code: apt-get install vlc
3.) Second Code: vlc
4.) Third Code: sed -i 's/geteuid/getppid/g' /usr/bin/vlc
5.) Fourth Code: vlc
6.) Now, click continue and there you have it!
[/spoiler]

Converting .WEBM to .MP4 format on Kali Linux

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you how to convert a WEBM to a MP4 Video. Here is the tutorial:

1.)Open up Terminal on your Linux PC, and copy & paste this code in order. After, press enter for everyone paste.
2.) First Code: apt-get install libav-tools
3.) Second Code: clear
4.) Third Code: cd videos/
5.) Fourth Code: ls {that is 'LS' NOT 'is' capitalized..... but lower case the code to ls}
6.) Fifth Code: avconv -i 'input.webm' -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a aac -strict experimental out.mp4
7.) Once you pasted the Fifth code, delete 'input.webm' BUT keep the little apostrophes!
8.) DONT PRESS ENTER YET. Right above that code, copy and drag the first Timestamp above in purple. Dont copy the whole first screencast. Copy the part that says Screencast_??/??/????_??:??:??_PM.WEBM and drag it between the two apostrophes and paste it. Not the second one, but the first one!!
9.) Wait until it finishes and then you can head over to your files and click videos. There you have it, you can now have .mp4 videos on Linux.

Hope this helped you all out! Have any questions quote or PM!

Cheers, Hydrogen Hi

Configuring Conky on Kali Linux

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you on how to install and configure Conky on kali Linux. Here is the tutorial:

1.) Open up Terminal on Linux, and copy these codes in order.
2.) First Code: apt-get install conky-all
3.) Second Code: apt-get install conky-manager
4.) Third Code: exit
5.) Go to applications and launch Conky Manager, now you have Conky! I recommend to check the box that says "-/.conky/Green Apple Desktop/conky..seamod"

There you have it! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial guys!

Cheers, Hydrogen Hi

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Identifying Hash Type on Kali Linux

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you on how to identify hash types on Kali Linux. Here is the tutorial:

1.) Open up Terminal and copy and paste these codes in order. They should identify the hash.
2.) MD5: 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6
3.) SHA-1: 2FD4E1C67A2D28FCED849EE1BB76E7391B93EB12
4.) SHA256Bit: D7A8FBB307D7809469CA9ABCB0082E4F8D5651E46D3CDB762D02D0BF37C9E592

There you go, that should identify their hashes. NOTICE: I am not responsible for your actions!

Cheers, Hydrogen
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 02-19-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: putting all three guides into one thread.
02-19-2016, 02:15 PM #2
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Vlc Player on Kali Linux! Here is the tutorial:

1.) Open up Terminal on Kali Linux, and type this code in or just copy and paste. Make sure you do them in order and press enter for each one.
2.) First Code: apt-get install vlc
3.) Second Code: vlc
4.) Third Code: sed -i 's/geteuid/getppid/g' /usr/bin/vlc
5.) Fourth Code: vlc
6.) Now, click continue and there you have it!
[/spoiler]

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you how to convert a WEBM to a MP4 Video. Here is the tutorial:

1.)Open up Terminal on your Linux PC, and copy & paste this code in order. After, press enter for everyone paste.
2.) First Code: apt-get install libav-tools
3.) Second Code: clear
4.) Third Code: cd videos/
5.) Fourth Code: ls {that is 'LS' NOT 'is' capitalized..... but lower case the code to ls}
6.) Fifth Code: avconv -i 'input.webm' -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a aac -strict experimental out.mp4
7.) Once you pasted the Fifth code, delete 'input.webm' BUT keep the little apostrophes!
8.) DONT PRESS ENTER YET. Right above that code, copy and drag the first Timestamp above in purple. Dont copy the whole first screencast. Copy the part that says Screencast_??/??/????_??:??:??_PM.WEBM and drag it between the two apostrophes and paste it. Not the second one, but the first one!!
9.) Wait until it finishes and then you can head over to your files and click videos. There you have it, you can now have .mp4 videos on Linux.

Hope this helped you all out! Have any questions quote or PM!

Cheers, Hydrogen Hi

Hello guys! Welcome to another tutorial by Mr. Hydro. In this tutorial, I will show you on how to install and configure Conky on kali Linux. Here is the tutorial:

1.) Open up Terminal on Linux, and copy these codes in order.
2.) First Code: apt-get install conky-all
3.) Second Code: apt-get install conky-manager
4.) Third Code: exit
5.) Go to applications and launch Conky Manager, now you have Conky! I recommend to check the box that says "-/.conky/Green Apple Desktop/conky..seamod"

There you have it! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial guys!

Cheers, Hydrogen Hi

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hey, I merged your three threads into one, and then made sure to put all three resultant posts into one. I'd like it if you just keep updating this thread with tutorials rather than making separate ones all for kali linux, y'know?
02-19-2016, 03:55 PM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Hey, I merged your three threads into one, and then made sure to put all three resultant posts into one. I'd like it if you just keep updating this thread with tutorials rather than making separate ones all for kali linux, y'know?

Thanks Frosty, i'm having a bad day so far, but I appreciate you doing this for me. By the way, how do I create a spoiler for every tutorial I make for Linux?
02-19-2016, 03:57 PM #4
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Thanks Frosty, i'm having a bad day so far, but I appreciate you doing this for me. By the way, how do I create a spoiler for every tutorial I make for Linux?

no spaces

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo