Post: Anyone need any good tutorial for something specific on Linux?
09-28-2016, 04:21 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Since I finally got my Linux two days ago. I've been in the mood to play around with it installing Kali, Mint,etc.. Been posting some good tutorials in the Learning Center which is where I have been posting a my tutorials.

Does anyone need any specific guide/tutorial they need me to do for them? I i'm not the BEST Expert at Linux, but I have been toying around with it for about 3 years now.

Send me some feedback through PMs or comment below if you have an idea for me, cheers.
10-02-2016, 03:42 PM #2
Ethen
Banned
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Since I finally got my Linux two days ago. I've been in the mood to play around with it installing Kali, Mint,etc.. Been posting some good tutorials in the Learning Center which is where I have been posting a my tutorials.

Does anyone need any specific guide/tutorial they need me to do for them? I i'm not the BEST Expert at Linux, but I have been toying around with it for about 3 years now.

Send me some feedback through PMs or comment below if you have an idea for me, cheers.

Yes why cant i get wireless drivers to work to connect to wifi?
10-02-2016, 05:10 PM #3
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Since I finally got my Linux two days ago. I've been in the mood to play around with it installing Kali, Mint,etc.. Been posting some good tutorials in the Learning Center which is where I have been posting a my tutorials.

Compiling drivers tut would be nice
10-02-2016, 05:31 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by BurtE View Post

For what type of Linux?
Originally posted by Ethen View Post

For what type of Linux?
10-02-2016, 05:33 PM #5
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
For what type of Linux?

For what type of Linux?

Kali Smile
10-02-2016, 05:39 PM #6
Originally posted by Ethen View Post

Which distro are you guys using if you're having trouble with wireless drivers, I've used linux on a number of laptops and have never had problems with the wireless drivers on any, wireless just worked out of the box, even on Arch. If you're both using Kali, pick a proper linux distribution, not one that's only used by idiots.
10-02-2016, 05:45 PM #7
Ethen
Banned
For what type of Linux?

For what type of Linux?

Ubuntu 16.04 lte
10-02-2016, 05:45 PM #8
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Madison
Which distro are you guys using if you're having trouble with wireless drivers, I've used linux on a number of laptops and have never had problems with the wireless drivers on any, wireless just worked out of the box, even on Arch. If you're both using Kali, pick a proper linux distribution, not one that's only used by idiots.

What distribution do you recommend with things like aircrack and such preinstalled?
10-02-2016, 05:51 PM #9
Hydrogen
Super Mod
What distribution do you recommend with things like aircrack and such preinstalled?

Kali Linux since that's the one I use.

Edit: I take that back, I really don't use Arch that, but i'd go with that or Ubuntu hard choice over all.
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 10-02-2016 at 05:57 PM.
10-02-2016, 05:54 PM #10

Honestly, just pick a well maintained distro like ubuntu then install the extra software from the repo. To be honest something arch based would be the best like Manjaro then you could just add the black arch repo and pull all the pen testing software from that repo. Anything Arch based will be much more up-to-date so you should have no issues with wireless drivers etc. for newer laptops models whereas on something like Ubuntu LTS it might not have been updated for a year or so bar security updates. I also have no idea what the update frequency of Kali is either as I've never used it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo