02-26-2014, 07:49 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is it possible to root the Xperia Z1? If so could anyone help me root mine? I'm new to android and I'm not quite sure where I should have looked for the answer, so I figured I'd just ask here.
02-27-2014, 11:11 AM #2
Cortland
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ephyr View Post
Is it possible to root the Xperia Z1? If so could anyone help me root mine? I'm new to android and I'm not quite sure where I should have looked for the answer, so I figured I'd just ask here.

Hi Zephyr, i have the same problem too, my phone is the Xperia Z so ill tell you a little bit i know on how to root your Z1 phone. If you are running the latest firmware of course there may not be any working root for that firmware so what you can do like i did is to find which firmware the root works on, then Google the firmware eg. my firmware that i am rooting is 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (10.3.1.A.2.67) so i typed on Google the firmware model name and i downloaded it.

Then go to flashtool.net and download it (the flash tool is maybe a 100mb i think and the firmware may be around 700mb or 800mb like mine. On the flash tool program put it in fastboot mode (my device has black screen and has blue light in fast boot mode) then click on flash > flash mode and choose the firmware you downloaded, the flashing will take about 5-10 minutes.

After that on download Kingo Android Root, connect the device and enable USB Debugging. I might not be exactly clear on what i wrote but if you are having trouble looking for your firmware and that do not panic just send me a private message.
Last edited by Cortland ; 02-28-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Fixed some spelling and clear a bit more
03-01-2014, 12:30 AM #3
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by ephyr View Post
Is it possible to root the Xperia Z1? If so could anyone help me root mine? I'm new to android and I'm not quite sure where I should have looked for the answer, so I figured I'd just ask here.

I would recoment to search on the xda developers forum. These guys have for almost every device a root guide. I found one for the Z1
You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo