Post: Android 5.0.1 (CM12, Galaxy i9505) battery just slipping away..
12-19-2014, 04:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm running CyanogenMod 12 on my GS4, which is based on the new Android (5.0.1 lollipop.) and I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the battery life? I'm not really looking for a fix, just to know that I'm not the only one with the issue. Sure, a fix would be nice, but I'm not hopeful.

Google tells me that lollipop was broken on the day of release. There were bugs with the WiFi, battery & general usability of the phone itself, but most things to point to 5.0.1 having fixed most of those issues. I had a tiny issue with the WiFi when I first flashed it, as in it wouldn't connect to WiFi what-so-ever.. But I solved that by clearing the cache & dalvik from recovery & so far it hasn't come back. As for the battery, it's not awful, but it's noticeably 'fuckier' than it was on KitKat (CM11 & stock) on KitKat, I could mess about with the phone with data and/or wifi on, and the brightness all the way up, and not drop below 100% for a good 5 minutes of solid use, but on 5.0.1, it's dropped from 100% to 92% in about 8 minutes of being in sleep mode practically the entire time. & when I do pick it up to text someone or open up the browser, I can literally watch the percentage drop in the few moments I'm holding the phone...

I know it's early days & it's a custom ROM, etc.. but is anyone else having this issue on 5.0.1?

Again, it's not dropping rapidly, but it's noticeably worse than it was on KK.

Thanks guys. :3
12-27-2014, 02:27 AM #2
generalgrim
Save Point
Maybe attempt to use "Clean Master". You can download form the app store. Hope is helps.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo