02-17-2018, 05:42 PM #1
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello NGU, as you can probably understand from the title, this is a more updated version of the Android rooting guide that was posted before.
So let's start with some basics.

What is rooting exactly and what do I gain from this?

Rooting an Android device (Your typical phone or tablet for example) is the process of modifying your device in order to gain SuperUser (SU) rights. It's basically the same thing you do in a PS3 console when you jailbreak it. You gain full control over the device. Having this kind of control, you can literally change almost every aspect of your device personalizing and tweaking it to your own liking, or even modding android games, removing all kinds of ads even from apps and even more.However as you can probably guess this has some drawbacks as well. Most importantly should you follow the guide and root your phone, you WILL void your warranty and if you mess up, you can even brick your device. So consider yourself warned. Me nor NGU will take any responsibility if anything happens to your device.

Rooting Guide

Methods

There are two basic ways of rooting your device.
1) It's the most commonly used and suggested way (and the best in my opinion). The PC/ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) way! (If you want to install a Custom ROM this is the most known way Smile)

Steps:
According to what device you own you either need to download Odin (Samsung users) or some other program.
But you must download the ADB tools folder (It's a must, it will be linked in the download section of the thread)

Since the steps vary so much for this method, the only thing I can tell you to do is google "How can I install a Custom Recovery on (phone model and developer)" or "How can I root (phone model and developer)

2) The App way! (Pretty much self-explanatory, you use an app to root your device.)
The most trusted apps to do this is either Kingroot, Kingoroot, Framaroot, Magisk and more all you got to do is search which one is compatible with your phone and which one you like.

Necessary Precautions
-Always Back-up before attempting anything.
-Since this is not a full guide make some more research before you actually try to do anything.
-Be patient. This is not something to be taken lightly, one wrong step and you could be saying goodbye to your phone.
-Ask for help if you don't know what to do or you are stuck.

Downloads/What you are going to need

You need to download your phone's developer's USB drivers if you are going to use ADB or want to add a custom recovery (More on that on another post).

ADB tools folder download link (its named platform-tools) Extract the folder from the rar archive and in order to use them, open the folder, hold down the Shift button, hit right-click and select "open command window(cmd) here"
Link:You must login or register to view this content.

Suggested Apps to have after rooting

Magisk Manager
It's an app that can be used if you have installed Magisk Framework to root your device. It has a huge variety of things to optimize your experience and can also edit your SuperUser permissions given to apps. (Like hiding it from certain apps, etc.)

LuckyPatcher
The app every one basically wants to have. It can hide ads disable them, allow you to buy free shit from inside your games (Not working with all games), You can apply custom patches to apps or create them yourself and so much more. It's the All-Star of the All-Star apps xD

Xposed Framework
That's what we call the mother of all f*ckery, this app can help you tweak your phone to the absolute max. Enough said!

Titanium Backup
This is the mother of all Back-Up apps. It can backup EVERYTHING on your phone!

BusyBox
It's more of a supporting app for LuckyPatcher but it still has it's own usefulness

Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
Both work great, both can access that sweet sweet little-hidden part of your device that houses all of the files and folder stored in your device and not only your sd card and internal storage

Chainfire's SU
It's basically like Magisk Manager, but since sometime ago Chainfire has stopped maintenance of this app. It's still useful and works 100% but it's a bit outdated compared to Magisk

That would be all basically for this guide. It's my first guide ever so don't hate too much xD. If it helped you or given you a general idea of what rooting is then my purpose has been fulfilled.
You can reply to this thread or Contact me if you want help with your device.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 02-18-2018 at 04:05 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Calculus for this useful post:

Hydrogen, MODZ4FUN420, ViicTiMz, WhyUMadKid, Wosley
02-17-2018, 07:33 PM #2
ViicTiMz
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by EvolveRebxg View Post
Hello NGU, as you can probably understand from the title, this is a more updated version of the android rooting guide that was posted before.
So let's start with some basics.

What is rooting exactly and what do I gain from this?

Rooting an Android device (Your typical phone or tablet for example) is the process of modifying your device in order to gain SuperUser (SU) rights. It's basically the same thing you do in a PS3 console when you jailbreak it. You gain full control over the device. Having this kind of control, you can literally change almost every aspect of your device personalizing and tweaking it to your own liking, or even modding android games, removing all kinds of ads even from apps and even more.However as you can probably guess this has some drawbacks as well. Most importantly should you follow the guide and root your phone, you WILL void your warranty and if you mess up, you can even brick your device. So consider yourself warned. Me nor NGU will take any responsibility if anything happens to your device.

Rooting Guide

Methods

There are two basic ways of rooting your device.
1) It's the most commonly used and suggested way (and the best in my opinion). The PC/ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) way! (If you want to install a Custom ROM this is the most known way Smile)

Steps:
According to what device you own you either need to download Odin (Samsung users) or some other program.
But you must download the ADB tools folder (It's a must, it will be linked in the download section of the thread)

Since the steps vary so much for this method, the only thing I can tell you to do is google "How can I install a Custom Recovery on (phone model and developer)" or "How can I root (phone model and developer)

2) The App way! (Pretty much self-explanatory, you use an app to root your device.)
The most trusted apps to do this is either Kingroot, Kingoroot, Framaroot, Magisk and more all you got to do is search which one is compatible with your phone and which one you like.

Necessary Precautions
-Always Back-up before attempting anything.
-Since this is not a full guide make some more research before you actually try to do anything.
-Be patient. This is not something to be taken lightly, one wrong step and you could be saying goodbye to your phone.
-Ask for help if you don't know what to do or you are stuck.

Downloads/What you are going to need

You need to download your phone's developer's USB drivers if you are going to use ADB or want to add a custom recovery (More on that on another post).

ADB tools folder download link (its named platform-tools) Extract the folder from the rar archive and in order to use them, open the folder, hold down the Shift button, hit right-click and select "open command window(cmd) here"
Link:You must login or register to view this content.

Suggested Apps to have after rooting

Magisk Manager
It's an app that can be used if you have installed Magisk Framework to root your device. It has a huge variety of things to optimize your experience and can also edit your SuperUser permissions given to apps. (Like hiding it from certain apps, etc.)

LuckyPatcher
The app every one basically wawnts to have. It can hide ads disable them, allow you to buy free shit from inside your games (Not working with all games), You can apply custom patches to apps or create them yourself and sooo much more. It's the All-Star of the All-Star apps xD

Xposed Framework
That's what we call the mother of all f*ckery, this app can help you tweak your phone to the absolute max. Enough said!

Titanium Backup
This is the mother of all Back-Up apps. It can backup EVERYTHING on your phone!

BusyBox
It's more of a supporting app for LuckyPatcher but it still has it's own usefulness

Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
Both work great, both can access that sweet sweet little hidden part of your device that houses all of the files and folder stored in your device and not only your sd card and internal storage

Chainfire's SU
It's basically like Magisk Manager, but since sometime ago Chainfire has stopped maintenance of this app. It's still useful and works 100% but it's a bit outdated compared to Magisk

That would be all basically for this guide. It's my first guide ever so don't hate too much xD. If it helped you or given you a general idea of what rooting is then my purpose has been fulfilled.
You can reply to this thread or Contact me if you want help with your device.

Bro can u help me root my phone , is 7.0 android
I installed King Root , And Kingo Root , But Don't Workkk
02-17-2018, 07:47 PM #3
Calculus
Originally posted by ViicTiMz View Post
Bro can u help me root my phone , is 7.0 android
I installed King Root , And Kingo Root , But Don't Workkk

What model is it

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

ViicTiMz
02-17-2018, 10:19 PM #4
ViicTiMz
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by EvolveRebxg View Post
What model is it

Is a Chinese phone is Oukitel u7 Plus , i search on google and for root it I gotta go and connect pc to phone , that's the fasted way . but I'm scared to trying brick my phone lol xdd
02-17-2018, 10:28 PM #5
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Excellent guide, stickied!
02-17-2018, 10:33 PM #6
Calculus
Originally posted by ViicTiMz View Post
Is a Chinese phone is Oukitel u7 Plus , i search on google and for root it I gotta go and connect pc to phone , that's the fasted way . but I'm scared to trying brick my phone lol xdd

Just follow this guide step by step up to page 16 and you should be ok You must login or register to view this content.
10-08-2018, 10:13 PM #7
Clandestino
Modding Enthousiast
I need help with rooting my Nokia 6 TA-1033 is there anyone that can help me with this ? Is there any app available that can do this ? Thank you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo