09-13-2015, 04:54 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Note: If you're elite you need to go into the elite dashboard and set your layout style to "Blue" in "Account Settings". This is because I created this script using the blue layout. If you don't set this then the navbar will be the colour you set rather than the dark themed one.

Intro

I didn't know where else to really post this, so feel free to move it to a different section if GD is not appropriate.

I've been working on a little side project throughout the week, and that's a dark theme for NGU using stylish. I've seen so many suggestions and such for a dark theme (although now I've heard that an official dark theme is being worked on, but I guess this can be a filler till then :p), so I made this. It's not much, all the stylish script does is changes the css rules and such to different colours that I experimented with in inspect element. I thought this might be of use to those who want to browse the site with a darker theme, so I decided to release it (because why not).

I've done quick testing on the shoutbox, forum index, profiles, control panel, and threads, however if you do find something that I may have missed (or an issue), let me know Happy. You're also free to modify the script to your liking, and even re-release it if you like, but I got lazy with it so it's kind of messy. There are a few comments thrown in to assist in finding what does what, but it's still messy, sorry :p

Some noted issues, certain things such as the "elite" bar at the top of profiles of those with Elite have a white background, this is because that element is an image rather than css. I will most likely fix this issue later however I don't think it's going to matter that much. Another minor issue is some icons on profiles are hard to see, again this is because they are images.

Special thanks to Saul (I used the sb text colour conversion from his NextGenUpdate Dark SB (Detach) script, as well as Gay For Satan (some testing).

Screenshots

You must login or register to view this content.

Release

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.

Update Notes

Fixed issue where horizontal postbits would not display correctly
Fixed issue where red (FF0000) was too harsh for contrast, changed to a lighter shade.
Fixed issue where the thanks section would not display correctly with horizontal postbits.
Fixed issue where content manager's introduction snippet on profiles would be unreadable.

If you have any issues listed above and need to update, simply uncheck "NextGenUpdate Dark Theme" from the stylish menu on NGU, and go back to the userstyles page. The button should say "Update". Click it and recheck "NextGenUpdate Dark Theme".
Last edited by Specter ; 09-13-2015 at 07:39 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

☓-Dani-☓, CIA agent, Eddie-Lucas, FrogPap, Gay For Satan, Juan, Saul, John, Darth Saul, Adrian, ResistTheSun, RTE, Saint Goofy, SC58, Code, Jon Snow, WeHostModdedXP, zatb15
09-13-2015, 04:57 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
Dayum. That looks rather nice. Good work bruh
09-13-2015, 05:56 AM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Any chance of one for Safari ?
09-13-2015, 07:47 AM #4
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Note: If you're elite you need to go into the elite dashboard and set your layout style to "Blue" in "Account Settings".

Is anyone allowed to make themes because I have some good ideas and time to make them.
Last edited by avatar1o1234 ; 09-13-2015 at 08:12 AM.
09-13-2015, 01:56 PM #5
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
Is anyone allowed to make themes because I have some good ideas and time to make them.

Of course anyone is Smile
09-13-2015, 06:21 PM #6
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by The
Of course anyone is Smile

Hi bæ Smile
09-13-2015, 06:40 PM #7
i think i love u
09-13-2015, 06:56 PM #8
SC58
Former Staff
NGU need to add this to the site and and fix it up on somethings or a dark theme like this as i really don't like all this white as i shouldn't have to use 3rd party stuff for something like this :p

The following user thanked SC58 for this useful post:

Specter
09-13-2015, 07:19 PM #9
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
NGU need to add this to the site and and fix it up on somethings or a dark theme like this as i really don't like all this white as i shouldn't have to use 3rd party stuff for something like this :p

I think there is one being worked on but I'm not sure, but I'm surprised it's taken so long, the old site had quite a few theme options.
09-13-2015, 07:53 PM #10
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Specter View Post
I think there is one being worked on but I'm not sure, but I'm surprised it's taken so long, the old site had quite a few theme options.

Yeah, i think the matte black/like what u posted is good nothing like pure black as that look like poop, but hopefully they have something like this soon as if i was a site owner and seen ppl using 3rd party stuff might aswell add it into the site or make own version of it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo