07-01-2016, 06:20 PM #1
Faloof
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right now I have a cisco router and it randomly shuts off so I know it is not the modem. We even had the company come and check ( they also came for other stuff not just that xD) and replaced the modem and still randomly shuts off. What is a really good router? I would say no budget on this, but some are up their in price lol. I'd say give me the best and I'll decide the price later. Thanks for helping and any help is appreciated. ( I just want it to work and be good and give off wifi, I dont know or need any special features like a usb 3.0 port.... don't know why you would even want one xD.) I would like to be able to have quite of stuff on it at once and have it work good for everyone. Like a PS4, PS3 and PC all at once and maybe a little more. Also have good strength and people able to reach. I have my router in my basement at the other end of the house, maybe like 100ft ( just guessing lol). and maybe this thread will help other people Smile. I called bestbuy and they suggested this router. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (R8000).
Last edited by Faloof ; 07-01-2016 at 07:41 PM.
07-30-2016, 01:19 AM #2
First off don't just go off a recommendation from best buy. Take some time to really think about what features you really need and which ones you don't need, you might realize you don't need to spend a s#it load on something that you don't need or don't know what to use it for. Do you use 2.4Ghz only or do you need 5Ghz as-well? The USB 3.0 slot is typically used for adding cloud storage for a network but there's also other uses it can be used for but I won't go into that right now. From my own experiences you really are never fully satisfied with WiFi routers but that's just my opinion. I strongly suggest that at the very least maybe you should invest in a VPN capable router, especially if your playing games online. Check out flashrouters.com or if you have a VPN provider there's a chance they'll have some routers for sale that have already been flashed to use their service. If your truly concerned performance/speed and zero conflict with other machines in your home network, I will always recommend a Ethernet switch vs. a wireless access point any day.
08-06-2016, 08:23 PM #3
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Asus router is really good. It can support VPN connections and has 3.0 USB. Really great router, check it out
09-06-2016, 06:35 PM #4
TrophyJunkie
Do a barrel roll!
I got a Easybox, free by Vodafone for a 2 Years Deal. But have many Troubles with it. Mostly on ps4 NAT Type Problems ��

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo