Post: How DO i update to iOS5 when im jailbroken on 4.3.3? Please read.
10-14-2011, 10:18 PM #1
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello people!
Long time no speak , but anyway I've got a iPhone 4, and I'm on 4.3.3, i really want to update to iOS5, but the thing is I'm jail broken, so every time i do restore through iTunes, my iPhone gets bricked!, so yes how can i update to iOS5 when im jailbroken on 4.3.3, sorry i dont know and a stupid dumbo, but ah not everyone knows everything, and you guys here are pretty helpfulSmile so thanks anywaySmile looking forward to answersSmile

edit , ps I've tried searching around for ages! every one says restore, every time i do that my phone ends up getting bricked!
10-14-2011, 10:28 PM #2
jdrain11
Are you high?
Originally posted by Why
Hello people!
Long time no speak , but anyway I've got a iPhone 4, and I'm on 4.3.3, i really want to update to iOS5, but the thing is I'm jail broken, so every time i do restore through iTunes, my iPhone gets bricked!, so yes how can i update to iOS5 when im jailbroken on 4.3.3, sorry i dont know and a stupid dumbo, but ah not everyone knows everything, and you guys here are pretty helpfulSmile so thanks anywaySmile looking forward to answersSmile

edit , ps I've tried searching around for ages! every one says restore, every time i do that my phone ends up getting bricked!

You have to download the OFFICIAL IPSW for 4.3.3 which can be found You must login or register to view this content.. Then you click shift and restore or update and then select the official 4.3.3 ipsw and it should update. If that does not work, you have to delete all of the packages you have downloaded via cydia, then you have to delete the cydia package. Then you should be able to update to iOS 5.

The following user thanked jdrain11 for this useful post:

Why So Serious?
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM #3
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
is this definite no bricking?
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM #4
jdrain11
Are you high?
Originally posted by Why

thats what i did.
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM #5
Originally posted by Why

Also make sure your on the new itunes and put it in airplane mode it did not work then i read put it in airplane mode on cnet and it worked and i was jailbroken
10-15-2011, 01:12 AM #6
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
So guys, what should i exactly do in order to update, and not brick my phone. THANKS!
10-15-2011, 01:25 AM #7
Originally posted by Why
So guys, what should i exactly do in order to update, and not brick my phone. THANKS!

I put my phone in airplane mode in the settings then updated thought itunes ( It is weird but it works)
10-15-2011, 04:05 PM #8
jdrain11
Are you high?
Originally posted by Why

1. Download the latest itunes from You must login or register to view this content.
2. Download the official 4.3.3 ipsw (find it above)
3. Make a back up of your iphone's data and transfer all purchases to make sure nothing is lost.
4. Turn your phone's airplane mode on (credits to kmanthecaveman)
5. Open itunes with your iphone connected
6. Hit Shift and then click restore on iTunes.
7. A box will show up to select software, choose the official 4.3.3 software
8. Accept the restore and it will restore your iphone.
9. Wait for the restore to finish.
10. Make sure the official 4.3.3 ipsw was installed and there is no cydia.
11. If yes to #11 you can update to iOS 5.
12. Accept the upgrade to iOS 5.
13. If you want, resync your music/apps/pictures.
14. Enjoy iOS 5!

*To get all of you app data, contacts, settings, etc, on the left side of itunes where it says your iphone name and device, right click on your device and select "Restore from Back-Up". This will not fully restore the software but it will restore all of your settings and app data.*

The following user thanked jdrain11 for this useful post:

Draama
10-15-2011, 04:25 PM #9
Just update normally. :p

Nothing goes wrong, because I do it all the time. Do not listen to the extra steps people give you.

1. Plug in.
2. Back-up
3. Update
10-15-2011, 05:08 PM #10
jdrain11
Are you high?
Originally posted by Samberg View Post
Just update normally. :p

Nothing goes wrong, because I do it all the time. Do not listen to the extra steps people give you.

1. Plug in.
2. Back-up
3. Update

the problem he is having is that he CANT update because he is jailbroken. so he needs to get unjailbroken and then update.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo