07-19-2011, 02:54 PM #1
sam2748
Splicer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok, so basically I spilt a 500ml bottle of water over my HTC Desire and it stopped working for a few days. After drying it out with a bag of rice I got it to work fine again apart from the power button. The power button is completely unresponsive. The only way so far I have found a way around this problem it by using a app called NoLock. This basically takes off the lockscreen so any button powers it on... even the volume buttons. The problem with this is it keeps turning itself on and calling my friends itself as it's in my pocket. I was wondering is there anyway I could change the buttons around so maybe the trackpad button will turn it on and off?

Please Quote Me!!!
Last edited by sam2748 ; 07-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.
07-19-2011, 10:36 PM #2
zhypersonic
Pixie Lott does not know iOS.
Originally posted by sam2748 View Post
Ok, so basically I spilt a 500ml bottle of water over my HTC Desire and it stopped working for a few days. After drying it out with a bag of rice I got it to work fine again apart from the power button. The power button is completely unresponsive. The only way so far I have found a way around this problem it by using a app called NoLock. This basically takes off the lockscreen so any button powers it on... even the volume buttons. The problem with this is it keeps turning itself on and calling my friends itself as it's in my pocket. I was wondering is there anyway I could change the buttons around so maybe the trackpad button will turn it on and off?

Please Quote Me!!!

Wow, sucks.. But since u have an HTC, hows about the warranty? Still got? than it shouldnt be a Problem to get it Fix from them. If not try ask some Ppls over there: You must login or register to view this content. and if they do not have and clue how to get ride of that button than ur Lost bro.. :(
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM #3
WorldsElite
ESTABLISHED IN 2006
is your device rooted if so there you can remap the buttons on your device but the only problem is you wont be able to turn the phone on because the on button is mapped in the kernal as far as i know and its alot of work to map that but if you just want it for lock screen it works.
07-21-2011, 09:29 PM #4
sam2748
Splicer
Originally posted by WorldsElite View Post
is your device rooted if so there you can remap the buttons on your device but the only problem is you wont be able to turn the phone on because the on button is mapped in the kernal as far as i know and its alot of work to map that but if you just want it for lock screen it works.

Yes but to root the phone you need the power button working, don't you?
07-21-2011, 09:32 PM #5
WorldsElite
ESTABLISHED IN 2006
Originally posted by sam2748 View Post
Yes but to root the phone you need the power button working, don't you?

what android build are you on
Last edited by WorldsElite ; 07-21-2011 at 09:36 PM.
07-22-2011, 08:25 AM #6
zhypersonic
Pixie Lott does not know iOS.

i can turn on my Phone on any Button, boy.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

what android build are you on

As far he got an HTC Desire, i guess he got a Desire Build on it Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo