08-05-2016, 09:26 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Mobile gaming suffering from one big problem controls. *Platform has various limits when comes to what genres can exist. Worse still certain phones are better for gaming compared to others. Biggest problem is most games are rather simple not that complex.. Great time wasters with little to no depth turn out to be money sinks. Open secret that studios seek whales or cash cows. *Exploiting certain customers habits to earn money from them.

Past couple of days decided to sit down and play jetpacker fighter from Hi Rez. Studio has another game currently doing an ongoing promotion between the two games. Often avoided mobile games due*gameplay mechanics being lackluster. Enjoy jetpacker fighters from Hi Rez, like fast gameplay throwback to sonic games. Gameplay is simple based on timing more than anything. Biggest criticism I have of the game is the server quality can be iffy at times. Causing serious latency issues which end up killing you. Not sure could be my network causing the problems. Gameplay wise you move your finger across the screen avoiding being hit by the environment and hitting the robots. *Enjoying this title makes me think of Sonic hedgehog series. Fast pace game which works on the mobile platform. Soundtrack is rather good simple set of music which fits into the theme.

Find out moreYou must login or register to view this content.

Available on Android and iOS.

Curious on what mobile phone games most people play and how long daily. Various other questions like have you spent an money on these games. Here a small list on all the games played one my OnePlus One so far. *Not spent any money on mobile gaming so far.

Hearthstone – Card games are good fit for the mobile platform. Collectable card which you can battle against others using various cards and deck designs. Works quite well on the mobile platform, even played it at the train station. *Quite like hearthstone but suffers from grind problem many free to play games do.

Pokemon GO – Turns your world into pokemon filled world based on your camera. Landmarks become important places to visit in order to earn pokemon and items. Rather basic as an idea missing many features from previous pokemon games but nice throwback. Fun game allowing you to collect every pokemon you loved as a kid.

Marvel Puzzle Quest – Not sure how to describe this game. Liked it however found it to be boring after some time and hate puzzle games.

Pew Pew – Genre wise multidirectional shoot them up. Works on mobile platform oddly enough.

Voxel Rush – Racer game that free to play.

Hearthstone/Jetoack fighter and Pokemon GO are currently my top mobile games. Do love Pew pew on Android does replace Pokemon GO most of the time these days.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 08-05-2016 at 09:29 AM.
08-05-2016, 01:08 PM #2
Laim
Debug
Mobile gaming isn't that fun anymore, imo.
08-05-2016, 10:39 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Laim View Post
Mobile gaming isn't that fun anymore, imo.

never was unless a nintendo console
09-06-2016, 06:23 PM #4
TrophyJunkie
Do a barrel roll!
Most Mobile Games are a fail because of the Controlls. I tryed slither.io on my Phone, but can t see anything because of my Fingers.
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM #5
exassasinx
Do a barrel roll!
Wish I had a better phone xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo