Post: Force Hosting Multiplayer Game On MW3 With VPN Problem.
04-01-2017, 03:34 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Long story short, I cannot seem to get anyone to join my lobby when I am force hosting with Phantom on PS3 while on PIA VPN, not a single player for the whole duration of the game. I've left the game on with force host for 6 consecutive matches and not a single soul joined. When force host is turned off, everything works normal again. I just subscribed to the VPN service today so I am a noob to how it handles online gaming and are not familiar with the configurations to make force host work with a VPN.

My current configuration is ethernet from PS3 to wifi laptop and then enabling network sharing on VPN to ethernet.

If anyone can shed some light on this problem it would be appreciated.
04-01-2017, 04:12 AM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by amazingnutz View Post
Long story short, I cannot seem to get anyone to join my lobby when I am force hosting with Phantom on PS3 while on PIA VPN, not a single player for the whole duration of the game. I've left the game on with force host for 6 consecutive matches and not a single soul joined. When force host is turned off, everything works normal again. I just subscribed to the VPN service today so I am a noob to how it handles online gaming and are not familiar with the configurations to make force host work with a VPN.

My current configuration is ethernet from PS3 to wifi laptop and then enabling network sharing on VPN to ethernet.

Thread Moved - Modern Warfare 3 Questions and Inquiries
04-01-2017, 05:27 AM #3
bump?
04-01-2017, 02:30 PM #4
No one??
04-02-2017, 02:59 PM #5
Thanks! This forum offers amazing help! ...

The following user thanked amazingnutz for this useful post:

UnholyTalonTSi
04-03-2017, 11:50 AM #6
kiwi_modz
I defeated!
Long story short, I cannot seem to get anyone to join my lobby when I am force hosting with Phantom on PS3 while on PIA VPN, not a single player for the whole duration of the game. I've left the game on with force host for 6 consecutive matches and not a single soul joined. When force host is turned off, everything works normal again. I just subscribed to the VPN service today so I am a noob to how it handles online gaming and are not familiar with the configurations to make force host work with a VPN.

First question one would ask before helping would be.

Do you 100% need a vpn?

If it works fine with out it just don't use it.

Not judging but using the (VPN + Phantom) "Normally" gets you bad attention.

Just saying for the sake of no one wanting to help. As we all know what they're both combined for....

The following user thanked kiwi_modz for this useful post:

amazingnutz
04-03-2017, 03:16 PM #7
Originally posted by modz View Post
First question one would ask before helping would be.

Do you 100% need a vpn?

If it works fine with out it just don't use it.

Not judging but using the (VPN + Phantom) "Normally" gets you bad attention.

Just saying for the sake of no one wanting to help. As we all know what they're both combined for....

TBH, I've been using Phantom along with other mod menus on MW3 Infected gameplay as a "team player". I mostly use the Forge and Teleport function for me and my team (not party members but whoever is uninfected) to get them to a location that is hard to get infected. Every lobby that I host people seem to enjoy it very much because I make it fun by involving everyone in on the mods. I'm not running around in god mode/invisibility by myself and killing or annoying other players in the lobby. I'm also not deranking people either but I help them rank up. I despise people who use god mode or unfair aimbot and that is the main reason I got a VPN.

Because lately, there are a lot of people who uses Paradox or Exorcist (I'm only assuming that is what they were using) and then puts on unfair aimbot and kills everyone in my lobby. Once they get infected they switch back to the other team and do the aimbot all over again throughout the whole game. I would then freeze them and kick them out of the lobby but most of the time they DDOS me in retaliation. Then there are other arseholes who just DDOS me offline with their ARP Poisoning for fun just because they can.
04-04-2017, 12:38 AM #8
kiwi_modz
I defeated!
TBH, I've been using Phantom along with other mod menus on MW3 Infected gameplay as a "team player". I mostly use the Forge and Teleport function for me and my team (not party members but whoever is uninfected) to get them to a location that is hard to get infected. Every lobby that I host people seem to enjoy it very much because I make it fun by involving everyone in on the mods. I'm not running around in god mode/invisibility by myself and killing or annoying other players in the lobby. I'm also not deranking people either but I help them rank up. I despise people who use god mode or unfair aimbot and that is the main reason I got a VPN.

Because lately, there are a lot of people who uses Paradox or Exorcist (I'm only assuming that is what they were using) and then puts on unfair aimbot and kills everyone in my lobby. Once they get infected they switch back to the other team and do the aimbot all over again throughout the whole game. I would then freeze them and kick them out of the lobby but most of the time they DDOS me in retaliation. Then there are other arseholes who just DDOS me offline with their ARP Poisoning for fun just because they can.

Ahh this makes perfect sense now. I totally agree with you and my suggestions on fixing it would be trying a different eboot and or making sure the VPN is UPNP (universal plug and play) friendly if you can't find out or it isn't try using a different VPN.

Also, have you tried using other method of force host? Like from a tool or another menu?.

Hope this helps.

The following user thanked kiwi_modz for this useful post:

amazingnutz
04-05-2017, 05:58 PM #9
Originally posted by modz View Post
Ahh this makes perfect sense now. I totally agree with you and my suggestions on fixing it would be trying a different eboot and or making sure the VPN is UPNP (universal plug and play) friendly if you can't find out or it isn't try using a different VPN.

Also, have you tried using other method of force host? Like from a tool or another menu?.

Hope this helps.

The first VPN I used is PIA and now I switched over to TorGuard with an additional dedicated IP. I tried the new VPN even on the dedicated IP and is still having the same issue.

I tried using another force host RTM but no luck, same problem.

I just posted a thread on their support forum so hopefully someone there might have an idea. I'll update this thread if I resolve my problem.

Thanks for the help, Bud.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo