05-30-2014, 02:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I bought a 3DS XL yesterday from Shopto and was wanting some advice about various flash cards. The more I read about them the more confused I became as some seem to go up to firmware 7.1 and yet looking at the same card on another website it doesn't. My 3DS is on firmware 6.2.0 -12E so I'm guessing that any chance of unlocking the region lock is gone as it seems the 3DS needs to be on firmware below 4.5

Which leads me to ask if the cards that allow 3DS roms will actually let me play 3DS roms from a different region? Or is the whole point mute because of the firmware that is on the 3DS.

I'm in the UK so if anyone can help me which information about R4i cards would be greatly appreciated.
06-07-2014, 01:55 AM #2
MysterixT
I am error
I think the r4i is region unlocked, I think I remember reading it in a old thread. So I'd go for it!
06-17-2014, 02:34 PM #3
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by satrina View Post
I bought a 3DS XL yesterday from Shopto and was wanting some advice about various flash cards. The more I read about them the more confused I became as some seem to go up to firmware 7.1 and yet looking at the same card on another website it doesn't. My 3DS is on firmware 6.2.0 -12E so I'm guessing that any chance of unlocking the region lock is gone as it seems the 3DS needs to be on firmware below 4.5

Which leads me to ask if the cards that allow 3DS roms will actually let me play 3DS roms from a different region? Or is the whole point mute because of the firmware that is on the 3DS.

I'm in the UK so if anyone can help me which information about R4i cards would be greatly appreciated.

Let me break this down for you. First off there are 2 types of flashcards you can buy.

1: One that allows you to play regular Ds games on your 3DS which currently goes up to the latest firmware.
2: One That allows you to play 3DS games BUT you must have a 3DS with firmwares less then or equal to 4.5.10.

By your description of your 3DS you can NOT use a Flashcard that allows you to play Backed up 3DS games because your firmware is above the minimal requirement as the method was patched beyond 4.5. However you can use a Flashcard that allows you to play DS games backup. In all aspect both are region free.

As I've seen this question before a lot of times after telling people this I'll just answer ahead.

There is no way to downgrade your 3DS currently unless you have your original Nand from the 4.5 Firmware point.
My advice if you really want a Flashcard 3DS game capable then I would find one with a 4.5 Firmware also Don't bother with the name R4 anymore. They used to be a good team until as of late they have been stealing others works and is now after caught by various members of the community; They can't make their own update after New years. The last one on May was just a repackaging of their old one and is Not up to date
06-16-2015, 08:51 AM #4
Originally posted by satrina View Post
I bought a 3DS XL yesterday from Shopto and was wanting some advice about various flash cards. The more I read about them the more confused I became as some seem to go up to firmware 7.1 and yet looking at the same card on another website it doesn't. My 3DS is on firmware 6.2.0 -12E so I'm guessing that any chance of unlocking the region lock is gone as it seems the 3DS needs to be on firmware below 4.5

If you still have a 3DS XL R4i 3DS is the one to buy. I've got a 3ds xl with it on, it works fine. Games from any region. Any firmware as they still haven't patched it. You can get a R4i 3DS for about £13

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo