08-19-2009, 06:47 AM #1
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well lets see, i just bought a new 500watt power supply, 2GB of ram to play games better and faster, and aNVIDIA GeForce 9400GT PCI-Express. but theres a slight problem. when i go to play games as in this case call of duty 4, my monitor just shuts off and goes to black. i pushed a button on my monitor and it said "In power save mode, move mouse or key" i do that and nothing happens. i can stil lhear the game run in the backround but its like my screen just shuts off to black. any help or tips?? and bear with me, im somewhat a noob at the high-tech computer stuff. :p
08-26-2009, 03:26 AM #2
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
The problem is that the game is switching your screen resolution to one that your monitor does not support. If the game used to work, reinstall it to revert back to the default settings, or else you may have to manually edit the game's config files to set the graphics to a valid resolution.
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM #3
maybe it is the problem of your operating system. Did you install all the graphic drivers properly?
09-06-2009, 12:01 AM #4
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
i had my computer technition install my graphic drivers and im sure he shouldve done it properly

and idk about the resolution thing, i run the same resolution as my desktop, 1280x1024, but when i lowered the resolution to crappy 800x600 it worked fine. whats up with that? :confused:

thnx for heling me so far Happy
10-07-2009, 06:47 AM #5
Vegas
Viva Las?
Is your PSU hooked up to your Video Card?
10-10-2009, 06:48 PM #6
Hmm I would say that is probably your monitor not supporting the resolution that the game trys to output like what Mag said. I just installed the same graphics card that you did and I can play cod4 fine on my 32inch tv.
03-07-2010, 08:19 PM #7
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
I cant believe i never got around to answering this, or letting you guys know what happened. What happened was that it was an overheating problem. For some reason, with the 4 case fans and major openings i have, it still got past 200*F (yes thats horrible) so i hd a water cooling system installed and not its perfectly fine. Smile

Everything was hooked up ok, no cables missing, and everything did support the graphics card.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo