Post: Steam Install Mover [Working Windows XP junction points]
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM #1
dm430
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU here is v1 of my steam install mover. This program allows you to select your games you wish to move to a different location. Because steam does not give you the option to choose all install locations of your games i have created a tool to help with this. Unlike some other popular tools used to help move steam games my steam mover supports xp and multi/single file movement.

If you have any questions or feedback please contact me more features coming soon!

Features

• Windows Api Hook for Junction points on XP and up
  • Single file movement
  • Multi file movement
  • Automatic Junction points(IE, location pointers to files)
  • File movment supported on Network drives and other HDD

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22371[/ATTACH]

Virus Scan Results: You must login or register to view this content.

Download Here:

You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.
I do not provide warranty(im not rich) this software is provided free if you paid for it demand your money back now!
Last edited by dm430 ; 03-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.
09-08-2014, 05:30 AM #11
dm430
I defeated!
Originally posted by Cryptic
Move your steam installation BY HAND. It's very easy. Stuff like this is VERY questionable. AK-47 can you chime in on this.

I assure you that it is safe. I am computer science student at Neumont University. Although this was coded in vb (a year or so ago) before i learned c# it is safe. If it was not i would not link my real identity to my profile... or attach a virus scan for that matter. Facepalm
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Move your steam installation BY HAND. It's very easy. Stuff like this is VERY questionable. AK-47 can you chime in on this.

That's actually generally a bad idea. If you need to move the install either make a backup of it in steam or uninstall the game / reinstall it. Alot of games when installed have registry keys that could point to file locations and when you start moving stuff you more then likely will end up with a broken game. Not to mention steam gives you the option to select what drive you want to install your games on.

Originally posted by dm430 View Post
I assure you that it is safe. I am computer science student at Neumont University.

If only that actually meant anything.
09-08-2014, 12:38 PM #13
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
That's actually generally a bad idea. If you need to move the install either make a backup of it in steam or uninstall the game / reinstall it. Alot of games when installed have registry keys that could point to file locations and when you start moving stuff you more then likely will end up with a broken game. Not to mention steam gives you the option to select what drive you want to install your games on.

If only that actually meant anything.

There is plenty of tutorials both written and video that show how to move your steam to a different drive.

All include backs ups and all are by hand. No programs like this.

This program is one that you use at your own risk. I wouldn't trust my steam account to any program/website other than something official from Valve Corp. I moved my steam install to a hdd and it worked just fine. Followed a video and a written tutorial that had pictures. :p
09-08-2014, 01:43 PM #14
Default Avatar
Oneup
There is plenty of tutorials both written and video that show how to move your steam to a different drive.

All include backs ups and all are by hand. No programs like this.

This program is one that you use at your own risk. I wouldn't trust my steam account to any program/website other than something official from Valve Corp. I moved my steam install to a hdd and it worked just fine. Followed a video and a written tutorial that had pictures. :p

I don't think you understood my post? I wasn't saying this was a good idea, I put it up there with manually moving games in the "Don't do it that way because it's a bad idea" category. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

If anything linux would be better off due to symbolic linking and I am pretty sure that also exists in windows but you are better off just doing the install on the desired drive.
09-09-2014, 03:19 AM #15
dm430
I defeated!
Yes you are correct and this tool was written before most steam games supported the ability to be installed on a desired drive. Like i said this program is over a year old and is no longer being maintained. And it is your choice of weather or not you trust software I can not force anything on you. I can however give you my word as a student entering into the professional world of software design I would not give my name away and then go and write a piece of malicious software.
09-09-2014, 03:29 AM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by dm430 View Post
Yes you are correct and this tool was written before most steam games supported the ability to be installed on a desired drive. Like i said this program is over a year old and is no longer being maintained. And it is your choice of weather or not you trust software I can not force anything on you. I can however give you my word as a student entering into the professional world of software design I would not give my name away and then go and write a piece of malicious software.

You don't trust everything you read on the internet. Your name means nothing.
09-09-2014, 07:13 AM #17
dm430
I defeated!
Linked to my facebook and linked in profile?
02-01-2015, 05:46 PM #18
I see there is code I must write in MEGA. What is that code ?
05-03-2024, 08:16 PM #19
Yes, I have that question too. What is that code? Does anybody knows?
Last edited by tomashlabel ; 05-03-2024 at 08:18 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo